DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tenneco Automotive Operating Company Inc. is seeking a full-time Senior Manufacturing Engineer at our facility in Marshall, MI. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer conducts capability studies of current processes, development of alternative processes, and benchmarking of competitors between external suppliers, internal plants, and prototype facilities.
- This position requires a Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field and 2 years related experience.
- In the alternative, we will accept a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field and 5 years of related (progressive, post-baccalaureate) experience.
- Must also have 2 years of demonstrated ability (which may have been gained concurrently) with each of the following:
- Using GD&T and defining critical values in the manufacturing process;
- Developing detailed project plans for machine design and machine fabrication using the MS Project software;
- Using Lean Six Sigma tools to improve the efficiency in manufacturing by performing root cause analysis;
- Managing and coordinating design and process flow teams; and
- Monitoring and steering project teams in improving overall development lines using a database approach for troubleshooting line issues. Will accept experience gained concurrently. Will accept experience gained before, during or after Master’s program.
- This position requires domestic travel 10% of the time.