Teledyne e2v HiRel Electronics offers high-performance, high-reliability semiconductor solutions, which address the critical functions of the complete signal chain. With a range of products and package solutions, we cater to civil aerospace, industrial, medical, military, scientific and space applications. We also develop customized solutions to meet specific qualifications or environmental requirements.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
We are seeking a hands-on Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team! The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will ensure successful accomplishment of semiconductor manufacturing processes in support of quality, cost and schedule objectives. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will participate as a member of an integrated product team for existing products and new product introduction. Primary responsibilities include:
- Support high mix, low volume assembly and test of fabless, high reliability semiconductor products
- Address manufacturing challenges by troubleshooting issues and providing solutions in a timely manner
- Participate in determining and providing an optimum plan of operation, equipment, space requirements, and related facilities for assigned areas.
- Coordinate outside repair and maintenance services for production equipment by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures and requesting service as needed
- Lead and help manage the production floor including equipment, employees and subcontractors
- Provide manufacturing personnel with training and technical guidance
- Develop and implement lean initiatives to improve operational efficiency
- Develop metrics to drive continuous improvement of the manufacturing process
- Able to communicate complex technical issues, both in writing and orally, to multiple levels of management as well as to production operators.
- Develop/Review/Revise work instructions and procedures in support of manufacturing processes
- Support internal, 3rd party and vendor audits
- Resolve manufacturing constraints to ensure accurate and consistent assembly and test performance
- Assist in the resolution of supply chain issues impacting manufacturing as well as supplier feedback, selection and technical assistance
- Manage resources and provide status information and feedback to internal customers and managers.
- Represent manufacturing at design reviews, and Material Review Board (MRB) meetings
- Support the development of new methods, processes, and equipment and apply them to the manufacturing operation.
- May provide technical support to, and assist in determining the technical and manufacturing capability of vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer in electronics manufacturing, including assembly and test.
- Solid background in electronics assembly and test processes
- Proven record of analyzing manufacturing / support processes and driving continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify opportunities to improve performance, develop targets and action plans and lead an organization to achieve results
- Excels at yield analysis and failure analysis leading to root cause and effective corrective actions
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively monitor operations with excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated, detail oriented with ability to logically identify alternate solutions or approaches to complex problems
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-883 Test Methods, MIL-PRF-38535 and MIL-PRF-38534 and AS9100/ISO9001 standards
- Working knowledge of state and federal EHS regulations.
- The ability to perform all Environmental lab tests is a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and team members.
- Project management and negotiating skills are required.
- Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office products in producing data-driven reports
- Government Security Clearance is a plus
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a "U.S. Person" (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).