In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be involved with supporting and improving the processes for transducer manufacturing. Philips is a leading innovator in ventilator design which is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcareportfolio. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
You are responsible for
- Develop and implement new methods of manufacturing.
- Provide technical leadership to resolve manufacturing and quality problems, including yield and nonconforming product. Drive corrective action with appropriate and detailed follow up.
- Identify, analyze and implement cost reduction projects, cycle time improvements, and lean manufacturing techniques to improve product cost structure.
- Execute design and process validation activities, including statistical analysis, similarity, and testing for manufacturing changes and the introduction of new assembly/test equipment.
- Collaborate with other groups such as R&D, Quality, Project Management, Regulatory, Supplier Quality, Purchasing, and Marketing to develop new processes and transition new ventilator designs into manufacturing.
- Identify, specify, and coordinate installation of new manufacturing equipment and upgrades for process improvement.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred, other majors may be considered when coupled with demonstrated work experience.
- 5 years of Manufacturing Engineerexperience
- Experience working in the medical device industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead/work with others in cross functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- History of successful project management accomplishments leading cross functional teams
- Ability to provide technical leadership in ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), team leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Statistical Methods (Process Capability, SPC, Trend Analysis)
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Green belt/black belt certification