The Manufacturing Engineer would be responsible for the facility engineering functions as well as the maintenance department. The Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing process improvements. They will supervise the maintenance department with performing proactive and reactive maintenance tasks on equipment. This person will report to the plant General Manager.
- Act as a key leader in identifying proposing solutions and solving quality problems as identified by our internal and external customers.
- Analyze develop and recommend both design and process changes necessary to meet production requirements for new products.
- Analyze existing processes as well as initiate and develop new methods in order to reduce waste and improve quality.
- Determine from part drawings and related engineering data the equipment requirements and operations necessary for the fabrication and assembly of product.
- Develop and write standard operating procedures for each new operation.
- Oversees the maintenance department; including managing team members and both proactive and reactive maintenance (completion of Preventive Maintenance (PM’s) and prioritizing project work orders)
- Coordinate the implementation of engineering change order requests for all related work cells.
- Coordinate and lead all efforts involved with external contractors in regards to facility improvements and/or equipment moves.
- Be flexible to go to night shift to troubleshoot any process or product changes that may differentiate from the original plan.
- Manage and maintain a current plant layout via AutoCAD.
- Generate work orders track progress and follow up as needed.
- Order and source parts as needed for the completion maintenance tasks.
- Work with production supervisors production personnel and maintenance personnel to ensure the facility and equipment is operating safely and efficiently.
- Administer the consistent and equitable application of company policies.
- Ensure all work is performed and completed in conformance with any related codes guidelines or standards established by a manufacturer or regulating body.
- Ensure follow up work is completed as needed to keep facility and equipment in good working order.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Five years of related experience in manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes and waste removal
- High degree of analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player / Professional / Approachable
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Possess strong written verbal and communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to serve as a project or kaizen team leader
- Demonstrated facilitation skills in small and large group settings
- Seek input from the shop floor associates on changes or improvements
- Ability to challenge and give candid feedback in regards to process changes
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Working knowledge of PLC programming
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications AutoCAD Knowledge of AutoCAD GAGE pack and Inventor Pro.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.