Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Position will be primary project manager for test laboratory and platform-level automation programs.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position will assist Laboratory Manager in defining and initiating capital equipment projects.
- Project Management including idea conception, technical specifications, sending/receiving RFQ's/quotes, performing financial justifications, and writing capital proposals (AFEs).
- Supervision of contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and cost.
- Conduct analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products, such as control panels, tooling, fixturing, material equipment, process machines and associated subsystems components, utilizing and applying engineering principals, research data and proposed product specifications.
- Ensure projects meet OSHA and construction safety regulations.
- Project scopes will vary based on business need. Laboratory project scopes will include developing high-power, high-voltage and mechanical test equipment and methods. Platform-level projects will vary and include production line automation, real-time data gathering, automating/installing routine test equipment, and developing new production line equipment.
- Position will be platform-level expert on PLC programming and automation methods. Hubbell standard PLC is Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation equipment.
- Position will interface with local site manufacturing engineers and test technicians to design, implement and sustain automation projects.
- Maintain and continually improve understanding of the current state of factory automation technology.
- Position will provide technical guidance to laboratory technicians and site automation engineers.
- Position will write process procedures compliant with ISO 9001 and 17025.
- Position will report to Laboratory Manager.
- Participation in test development, execution, and failure analysis as required.
- Be an integral member of high leverage product and process qualification teams.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in system automation.
- Strong Electrical Acumen - Controls upgrade experience(Allen Bradley PLC, HMI/MMI, VFDS).
- Previous experience with Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation PLC automation languages.
- Experience with Access, SQL, and Visual Basic highle desirable.
- Experience with Labview and GE Automation Proficy* Machine Edition a plus.
- Previous experience demonstrating effective team leadership
- Previous experience in product testing, quality control and/or test laboratory or reliabilityengineering roles preferred.
- Experience in technical problem solving, leading technical teams, and working in cross functional environments
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor and Autocad preferred.
- Able to understand and interpret industry standards (ISO, IEEE, ANSI, IEC, CSA, ASTM)
- Good communication & presentation skills.
- Must be a self starter with strong drive, initiative, and ability to work with limited management input.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, domestic and international.