$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer for our Gigafactory in Reno Sparks Nevada to develop and engineer new processes and high volume automation equipment for Tesla Drive Unit assembly lines. Our Drive Systems production lines include highly automated manufacturing systems for Rotors, Stators, Motor and Drive Unit Assembly and Test.Candidate will be involved on Tesla Drive Unit Assembly and Test lines from providing input to Product Design to equipment hand-off to Production and Maintenance teams.Tesla Motors is a demanding company where you will work in a fast-paced environment on a critical subsystem of incredibly exciting products.
The Drive Unit Final Assembly and Test lines processes include:
As part of the Manufacturing Engineering team, candidate responsibility will, after a training period, encompass specific processes on the Drive Unit Final Assembly & Test lines. Candidate will be in charge to develop new processes as well as manage the procurement, construction and deployment of highly automated production equipment for our cutting edge Drive Units. With significant automation systems design, electrical/pneumatic schematic and controls programing experience related to PLC, safety devices, HMI, servo drives and robots, the Manufacturing Engineer will be a hands-on contributor to improve our current production equipment productivity as well as develop new high intellectual property processes. The Candidate will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to bring Powertrain components from initial design, through prototype development and full production.
In addition to developing automation equipment and processes, the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. He/She works closely with Product Design Engineering, Quality, Controls, Production and Maintenance to take the Powertrain components from initial design through prototype development and into full high volume production.
Equipment Development and Implementation
· Develop process sequence, establish critical process parameters and process recipe
· In-house development of workstations and manufacturing equipment to support early stage prototype builds including Test systems for Leak, Dyno and End of Line
· Design, procurement, construction, animation and deployment of manufacturing automation equipment for medium and high volume production
· Characterization and validation of new equipment for introduction to the production floor
Process Development and Implementation
· Participate in early prototype product builds to characterize and develop both product and process critical parameters
· Provide Design for Manufacturing feed-back to Product Design Engineering team
· Development of new manufacturing and test processes
Valid Through: 2019-11-7