We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for optimizing manufacturing processes in assigned area(s) of responsibility while improving safety, quality, and productivity methods and actively contributing to achieve key performance indicators of the assigned area(s) and company goals. In addition, this position will identify process improvement opportunities using lean manufacturing methods, six-sigma, and other problem solving tools, and will drive continuous improvement activities as required.
What you’ll be responsible for in this role:
- Oversee all technical aspects of assigned manufacturing processes to ensure most efficient and productive performance, and adherence to procedures and quality standards.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements change to current manufacturing processes for higher productivity by analyzing process, production, machine capacity/capability, labor standards, material cost, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements.
- Evaluate and develop innovative and pragmatic solutions to manufacturing problems through the use of advanced manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Provide accurate and timely project progress and results tracking.
- Develop standard work, and work instructions to communicate manufacturing requirements to production personnel.
- Design and prepare concept drawings and implement new equipment, prototypes or modifications to existing equipment
- Coordinate and support new product introduction, and line extensions.
- Evaluates capital equipment needs, prepare business case and commission.
- Analyze and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Refines and enhances products and process by applying continuous improvements and lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical or high-impact areas of production.
- Assure product and process quality by design testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determines root cause of failures using statistical methods (e.g. design of experiment, statistical process control) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Lead advanced problem-solving teams as assigned.
- Participate and lead projects involving cost savings related to manufacturing process improvement.
- Assist with troubleshooting manufacturing equipment issues.
- Assist department supervision with process training.
- May assign work, through respective management level, to drafters, technicians, technical writers and machine shop personnel as required.
What are the basic qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical)
- Minimum 5 years in fast paced plant/manufacturing operations including engineering experience with implementation and design
What are the preferred qualifications?
- Experience with plant automation (PLC, Motion Control, VFDs, CNC) and MES a plus
To be a great fit for the role:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills in with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Working knowledge of LEAN techniques and the ability to lead a LEAN event
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to design tooling to scale and convert CAD files to communicate with other programs
- Experience with statistical analysis tools (DOE and SPC)
- Statistical aptitude, strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills, with proven ability to effectively communicate and influence across functions and at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Results driven with ability to set goals and meet them
- Self-starter, ability to manage projects independently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to assemble and lead appropriate teams and resources to successfully move projects forward and keep them on track.
- Ability to recognize organization roadblocks and be able to use change management techniques to manage organizational change.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence across functions and at all levels of the organization.