Katena Products - Denville, NJ
Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
A growing medical device company, is adding a Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer to our team in Morris County, New Jersey. The Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer is responsible for working with the leadership team to develop, communicate, implement, and manage strategies that meet the goal of producing/procuring high quality products at high levels of efficiencies for our customers. This position is a critical role that will be directly responsible for driving strategic business improvement projects to reduce operating costs, enable organizational efficiency and assist with waste reduction. These projects are visible, impactful projects that support the achievement of our company’s objectives. They will also develop best practices and processes to align with the overall company goals and objectives while ensuring our Medical Device Quality Management Systems requirements are maintained. An ability to provide both tactical and strategic value is essential.
Through recent acquisitions we have experienced considerable growth and expect to continue our rapid pace of growth for years to come. Joining our team now may provide the right candidatewith excellent development opportunities as we continue to expand.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and communicate strategies that meet the goal of producing high quality products at high levels of efficiency for our customers
- Lead product transfers from one location to another. May be internal moves as well as global suppliers.
- Assist and/or lead the implementation of continuous improvement activities. Applieslean manufacturing and six-sigma techniques to eliminate waste, reduce lead times and improve product quality
- Interface with Suppliers for new processes, quality issues and process improvement
- Lead in the development, review and approval of process and equipment validations/qualifications (IQ,OQ,PQ)
- Actively participate on new product development to supportproduct and process design and development
- Work closely to resolve in-house and supplier quality using established problem-solving methodologies
- Seeks out best practices and latest technologies and implements them in production, assembly, inspection, as well as our suppliers production and technologies.
- Prepare and implement manufacturing process work instructions and operating procedures
- Provide leadership for engineering related projects for the company
- Maintain data integrity throughout the systems and reporting tools
- Liaise and support cross-functional teams (Suppliers, QA/RA, Planning, Warehouse, Sales, Marketing and Finance) to ensure the company meets performance targets
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering. An MBA with related engineeringexperience is preferred.
- Certified Manufacturing Engineer certification (CMfgE) granted through the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and/or certified Black Belt
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in leading large project using robust project management skills. PMP certification is preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in manufacturing (Medical Device experiencepreferred) with proven ability to solve problems and lead large projects
- New product introduction
- Global Supplier management and product moves
- Experience and be proficient in Microsoft products, ERP Systems. This would require excellent understanding of computer based tools and how to apply them to improve business processes, reporting and analytics. Ability to create meaningful KPIs with validated data.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
- Demonstrated analytical skills, superior organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Broad knowledge of project management tools and methods
- Ability to lead a cross functional teams and drive results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to establish relationships quickly with a broad range of constituents, both internal and external to the company.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, ability to get along with diverse personalities and develop strong business relationships with vendors and associates; tactful, mature and flexible. Must have good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Strong knowledge of blueprint development, blueprint reading and GD&T
- Understanding of QSR/ISO regulations, design assurance, product testing methods, inspection methods
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Strong knowledge of six-sigma problem solving techniques
- The individual will have a high energy level and be comfortable performing multiple longer term strategic projects along with day-to-day activities
- Must be able to establish credibility and be decisive, but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities - candidate will possess organizational awareness and savvy.
- They will be results-orientated with a tireless work ethic – must have a strong drive and be determined to meet and exceed targets
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment decisions, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and 401(k), in addition to our competitive salary.
Travel: 25% (at times could be higher)
Job Type: Full-time