What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to help us with the design and manufacture of our leading edge electric vehicle charging products. This position will work closely with Manufacturing Operations, Hardware Engineering, Quality and Contract Manufacturers to deliver robust products that meet ChargePoint’s manufacturability, cost, quality and delivery objectives. A successful candidate must have proven experience in Manufacturing Engineering of complex electro-mechanical systems, printed circuit boards, and printed circuit board assemblies.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to ensure products are optimized for manufacturability, cost, supply chain flexibility and efficiency. (DFx)
- Facilitate new product introduction (NPI) initiatives and supply chain activities from cradle to grave.
- Perform electro-mechanical part and assembly level DFM analysis.
- Support NPI PCBA and system level builds.
- Work with internal resources and outsourced manufacturing partners to develop and assess manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Hands-on management of prototype and pilot builds.
- Ensure all required specifications/documentation, materials, equipment; procedures are in place for product launches.
- Play a significant role in the selection of strategic manufacturing partners.
- Bridge the gap from manufacturers to ChargePoint by supporting development builds and production.
- Support quality metrics and provide leadership in problem resolution and failure analysis with manufacturing partners and component suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement on all relevant operational processes.
- BS in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years direct hands-on experience and know-how with fast-paced, product design and product commercialization start-ups.
- Knowledge and direct experience in manufacturing operations, NPI, manufacturing engineering and product engineering.
- In-depth understanding of DFM and assembly processes.
- In-depth understanding of outsourcing activities with local and international contract manufacturers.
- Experience in DFx methodologies.
- Knowledge of high power AC and DC principles and products.
- Able to perform root cause analysis and resolve problems on a conceptual and advanced troubleshooting level.
- Experience with PPAP processes, Total Quality Management (TQM), Continuous Process Improvement, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Kanban and lean manufacturing principals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic startup environment.
- Up to 20% international and domestic travel may be required.