POSITION SUMMARY: (Summary description of the primary duties and objectives)
This position will provide manufacturing engineering leadership for Consumables Packaging area, including multiple Fill Lines and Blow Molders. Primary responsibilities include all aspects associated with capital improvement projects, establishing and maintaining equipment, tooling and gauging for the department; technical support of the fill line, assisting PD&E in establishing cost estimates on new products, controlling variances, production costs and evaluating engineering changes; and analyzing reports on production performance and recommending changes.
POSITION PROFILE (Major duties, accountabilities, and responsibilities)
- In conjunction with production manager, establishes equipment, tooling and gauging for the area.
- Establishes and audits standards for area.
- Assists R & D on analyzing products, components or processes to establish cost estimates on new products.
- Works with others in controlling variances, production costs and evaluating engineering changes.
- Prepares and analyzes reports on production performance, utilization of labor, material or equipment and recommend changes.
- Develops efficient area layout and material flows, consistent with JIT, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement philosophy.
- Participates in and supports CSIP teams including the evaluation of suggestions and team projects.
- Responsible for developing the training programs for all new product introductions within the unit.
- Participates in GPD project teams as required (new products and existing products).
- Responsible for overseeing data base maintenance (Oracle, mix system, blow mold programs, etc.) in the Chemical Packaging area.
- Responsible for implementing cost reduction initiatives, research and implementation of new manufacturing and/or assembly methods.
- Participates in researching and setting capital and expense budgets.
- Interacts with, mentors, and trains the setup personnel from a technical aspect.
- Responsible for complete management of capital projects including writing capital authorization requests, equipment selection, scheduling and tracking the project deliverables, qualifying the equipment, and successful implementation and equipment start-up.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: (i.e. degree, years of experience, etc.)
- Degree minimum: Bachelor's Degree
- Specific concentration: Engineering
- Experience level: 5 years