The Combat Vehicles site of BAE Systems located in York, PA is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for Proposal and Manufacturing Bill of Material (BOM) creation and maintenance to support transition to production for vehicle platforms. Provides input for routing creation and structure BOM to accommodate established routing. Effectively interfaces with Configuration Management and communicates BOM creation and maintenance to those impacted.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline
Five (5) years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Must have an understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing BOM relationships.
- Possess skills to be able to interpret and comprehend Engineering drawings and models.
- Ability to check drawings and models for producibility issues and provide meaningful feedback to Design Engineering.
- Demonstrate/Gain proficiency in software tools and procedures used by Manufacturing Engineering to support transition to production and production support activities. These include but are not limited to MS Office including Excel, Oracle including Discoverer, EPDM (Enterprise Product Data Management), and SharePoint.
- Able to create and maintain work instructions in support of assembly, test, and Integration activities.
- Capable of working as a part of a team environment
Preferred Skills and Education:
Heavy industrial, low-volume Manufacturing experience a great benefit.
Department of Defense, government, military experience a plus.
- Job ID:32452BR