Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be a key part of the site management team responsible for strategic planning and implementation of the manufacturing and material handling process. Manufacturing processes at this plant include fabrication, paints/coatings, furnace, and assembly. This person will lead continuous improvement and manufacturing process improvement initiatives to develop and implement best methods of work.
What is Great About This Opportunity?
- You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion and the highest ethical standards of conduct
- You will be representing a company that makes essential products that provide hot, clean water and are considered top of the line.
- You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals.
- You will be able to maximize capital budget dollar spend in the continued automation of our largest North American manufacturing facility
- Provide technical, project, and process improvement assistance for manufacturing
- Collaborate with manufacturing, design, quality, and planning staff concerning product design, tooling, equipment and processes to ensure efficient product introductions and manufacturing processes
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods using data collection, analytical analysis and experience
- Provide technical guidance to help production efficiency, cost reduction, product quality and safety improvements
- Provide guidance to engineers and maintenance personnel in problem solving of production issues, equipment and general manufacturing methods and practices
- Provide technical support to new equipment purchases by involvement in quote design review process, review of documentation, and establishment of strong vendor relationships
- Apply sound ergonomic and safety practices in all functions of manufacturing processes, equipment, and facilities
- Develop capital cost justification for new equipment, cost savings initiatives
- Develop specifications for new processes and equipment, including some design work; work with procurement and legal to develop RFQ’s and contracts; work with equipment suppliers to develop quotes; write and submit capital requests; arrange purchase and installations; set-up support capabilities
- Plan production workflow and equipment layout changes for maximum efficiency using automation where possible
- Comply with all Safety and Quality Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering field required
- 5 or more years of engineering experience required
- Some working knowledge of robotics and control systems pertaining to mechanical assembly and automation
- Proficiency in 2D CAD (AutoCAD) required; proficiency in 3D CAD (Solidworks) preferred.
- Proficiency in ERP systems (SAP) and MS Office Suite
- Must be hands-on as some production work is required
- Demonstrated ability to develop processes and systems for new equipment and coordinate jobs/projects with outside vendors/contractors
- Apply structured problem-solving approach to complex processes and equipment issues with the ability to determine root cause, as well as implement timely corrective action
- Possess strong organizational, project management, leadership, and communication skills