The Senior Controller serves as the key financial contact person for one or more North America manufacturing plants, working closely with all levels within the network to collect, process, review, analyze and report the financial results of operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Analyzes, researches and compiles data from one or more North America manufacturing plants for various budgets, forecasts, KPI’s, reports and headcounts.
- Analyzes various plants’ monthly financial packages and prepares forecast packages.
- Generally manages department budget and day-to-day functions. Develops budgets, schedules and performance standards. Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- Prepares forecasts for presentation to Senior Management.
- Liaise with auditors for PBC’s.
- Publishes financial information as required.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- A strong tactical decision-maker; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Handles unforeseen issues.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Has significant project/process responsibility within the function.
- Maintains general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Interacts frequently with internal departments and external customers/vendors; particularly in problem resolution. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degreerequired; Advanced Degree desirable.
- 6 – 8years’ related experience. 2+ years’ experience as a Manager preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more departments.
- Must have extensive experience/knowledge in preparation of presentations, graphs, spreadsheets, and reports. Must be well organized, clearly typed, and properly prepared, accurate, concise, and timely.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Knowledge of systems and applications a plus. SAPexperiencepreferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.