About the Role:
Dotdash is seeking a leader to join its growing video team as a Senior Managing Producer with a focus on motion graphics explainers. The Senior Managing Producer will be an organizational and creative force overseeing a high-volume of short-form explainer videos, across many brands and topics. We’re looking for a video producer with extensive post-production and After Effects experience, an excellent eye for detail, an ability to juggle many streams of production at once, and experience with high-volume production in fast-paced environments. Reporting to the VP of Video, the Senior Managing Producer will collaborate with stakeholders and oversee junior producers to manage production of 100s of contemporary, high-quality explainers that help define our brands and answer users’ questions across diverse topics. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to develop innovative concepts and production methods that meet ambitious goals.
About Your Contributions:
- Starting in the content development phase, work with Editorial and SEO teams to identify articles to move into video production. Review, make quick creative decisions on, and track 1000s of articles that will eventually become videos. Work with subject matter experts to prepare scripts for video creation.
- Shepherd projects and guide junior producers through all phases of production, including development, scripting, voice over, post-production, finishing/delivery.
- Contribute strategic vision that improves processes, refines aesthetics, and delivers outstanding video on budget and on time. Take ownership over the final product and ensure team goals are met.
- Source, evaluate, and build relationships with quality vendors and freelancers; juggle an ever-changing cast of writers, producers and experts.
- Review a wide variety of creative decisions (scripts, treatments/breakdowns, stock image selection, voice over talent, graphics, etc) providing insight and strategic guidance. Review videos and give detailed feedback on edits; from the opening second to the bumper, ensure videos meet editorial and brand standards.
- 6-8 years experience producing and editing videos for digital publishers. Experience with explainer video formats in Finance, Health, Home.
- Experience with high-volume production and a fast-paced production environment. Exceptional understanding of everything that goes into making short-form web video for digital publishers.
- Proven ability to take concepts from scripts to treatments to breakdowns. Ability to create a breakdown and video vision from a simple concept and multiply that effort across many projects at once.
- A proven ability to shift gears, wear multiple hats, and juggle many productions at various stages with minimal supervision.
- Flawless organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail. Foresee complications, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot on the fly.
- Proven experience reviewing videos and giving final sign-off on creative.
- Experience overseeing productions and junior producers.
- Technical chops. Advanced proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- Contemporary design/edit sensibility in terms of video pacing, music, graphics and text. Knowledge of web video trends and popular digital publishers.