ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton Creative is looking to hire a Senior leader to help grow, manage, and develop one of the most sharp retouching studios in New York City. Peloton is widely known for its design and groundbreaking innovation; while the company expands internationally, so are our retouching needs. Were looking for a strong leader to join our growing Creative Team to lead retouching studio. They will report directly to the Director of Photography, and will work hands on with our team leads to create stunning visual imagery.
- Serve as day to day liaison to creative, stakeholders, agencies, etc.
- Facilitate and dispense workload across department with retouchers of varying strengths to meet stakeholder deadlines and creative asks.
- Track and manage time spent on each image to evaluate resource spend; produce reports and conduct post-mortem meetings in order to improve workflow.
- Owns establishment of holistic retouching process and retouching treatments across all images.
- Leads strategy over hiring and establishing the development of our internal retouchers.
- Cultivate and maintain a department where retouchers are simultaneously being challenged and equally learning from one another.
- Provide experienced guidance in the development of our retouching process across all visual assets ranging from social imagery to national print and digital campaigns.
- Will manage a fluctuating team of 6-10 people with assistance from our Post Production producer and Senior Retoucher.
- Provide new and efficient approaches to retouching work stream.
- 7+ years experience in a high volume retouching production studio
- 4+ years management experience
- Vast knowledge of photography post production: beauty, fashion, editorial, fitness, etc.
- An appreciation and understanding of art and how to productively critique the wide range production artists.
- Must be able to see beyond the image, have a fundamental understanding of how much we can manipulate our image.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, InDesign, and File Transfer Programs (FTP, Dropbox, wetransfer, etc.)
- Superb color vision and ability to "see" color
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a large creative team
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.