Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
As the Leader of our Portfolio Strategy group, you will collaborate with global leadership to develop a strategy to grow the practice. You will be responsible for leading a team of consultants who assist commercial, institutional, investment and public organizations to decide why their Portfolio of RE and FM assets requires better alignment to business objectives, where changes should be made, who will be impacted by the changes, how the new locations should be occupied and whatfinancial structures and operational models should be deployed to optimize the assets.
You will be a thought leader and expert practitioner with deep experience leading multiple major projects and delivering capabilities, tools and processes for very large scale real estate portfolios or facilities capital plans (experience with >US$100M ann. each). You will be responsible for leading Newmark’s contribution in major project client engagement, developing solutions and building capabilities as an impact-oriented problem solver. You will also play a key role in cultivating client relationships and leveraging personal networks that strengthen the pipeline of large project opportunities.
You will be responsible for publishing cutting-edge articles on a broad range of portfolio and asset topics. You will set out research priorities and frame the research agenda. You will represent Portfolio at conferences and speak on innovative ideas we are developing. You will shape debates and lead discussions internally and externally.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop client relationships to earn status as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrate ability to influence without authority, e.g., peers, executives, and principals
- Build relationships with our global colleagues across channels and geographies to advance client interests and practice area objectives.
- Be in the market, actively engaged with clients and potential clients. Use speaking engagements to build awareness of Newmark;
- Development of client and practice strategies, go-to-market positioning and leadership
- Recruit, develop, mentor, support, and direct staff to help them achieve not only client goals but personal development goals;
- Proactively seek out new opportunities and prospects, identifies new business opportunities, and support broker business development.
- Write winning portfolio strategy proposals, with clear narrative, strong description of services and associated modelling of fees
- Identify the client need, organize winning cross-functional teams/responses, and lead engagements: Portfolio Optimization (demand forecasting, supply/demand balancing, exit/maintain/grow strategies), M&A Due Diligence, Headquarters Strategy, Market Intelligence / Research, Utilization / Occupancy Analysis, Operational / Capital Spend Analysis, Strategic Facility Planning (replacement, sustainment and renovation strategy), Asset Restructuring (harvest value from surplus assets), Service Delivery Model Design and Organization Design.
- Monitor regional project budgets, personal / team utilization, profitability targets as well as oversee billing and fee management
- Support and collaborate with global account and enterprise teams for national and global portfolio strategy client requirements.
- Advise market leaders on portfolio strategy trends.
- Maintains and grows current client relationships
- Brings new ideas and thinking to client work and also to internal processes and operations
- Regularly participates in industry activities by way of speaking, presenting and/or writing to enhance the workplace platform’s thought leadership
- Promote the portfolio platform via social media, and regular blog posts at ngkfgcs.com
- Promotes and supportsdiversity
- Adhere to all set company and client policies and procedures.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or related field and a minimum of 7-10 years in real estate strategy. Advanced Graduate degree in Business Administration, Architecture, or Finance is Preferred.
- Detail-oriented to ensure the delivery of error-free documents to clients
- Proficiency in general computer software and applications
Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents. Ability to respond to most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, prepare quality Power Point presentations, speeches, and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to clients, top management, employees, and public groups. Ability to consult, motivate, and negotiate effectively with the client groups, co-workers, employees, vendors, contractors to take desired action. Ability to engage in active listening.
Requires working knowledge of financial terms and principles. Interprets complex financial/ business analysis including the preparation of complex reports. Advisory skills in order to assist clients’ internal customers on financial benefits of real estate options under review.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations. Requires Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Portfolio Modeling, Strategic Real Estate Planning, High Level Understanding and appreciation of Transaction Management, Project Management and Facilities Management, Space Planning and Forecasting, Customer Service Skills, Working in a Matrix Organization, Business Judgement.
Advanced Skills using Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PPT, well organized, Balance competing priorities.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local