The Senior Managing Director, Asia Pacific is for an individual seeking to create, manage and grow existing Cyber Threat Intelligence partnerships. Your primary mission is to bring day-to-day leadership and structure to our efforts with select existing partners and to develop areas of collaboration including to develop, qualify and nurture sales opportunities for execution or eventual hand-off to dedicated sales resources to drive sales engagements and in period revenue. You'll interact with a broad array of partners, senior executives, with various existing and perspective partners allowing you to expand your knowledge as well as leveraging and growing your professional network.
The position is based in the United States and we prefer a candidate who can reside and work in the Washington, DC metro area although we are willing to consider otherlocations. You willwork with colleagues across several functional areas of the company including sales & marketing, productportfolio, legal,finance, accounting, among others located in the U.S., EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will develop and bring structure to our Alliance partnerships with select existing and potential partners, creating solutions leveraging LookingGlass’s value proposition that will resonate with the concerns that are foremost in the minds of our mutual customers.
Your overall objectives will include:
- Develop overall partnering strategy and approach that is consistent with LookingGlass’ Go To Market capabilities.
- Manage the partner and LookingGlass relationships including:
- Develop relationships with senior executives across partnership accounts.
- Develop relationships with LookingGlass sales, marketing, product, legal, product teams, among others.
- Monetize partner relationships to drive incremental revenue growth by obtaining buy-in for LookingGlass value proposition across partner organizations.
- Develop demand generation, sales enablement tools, and KPI’s with our Partner Marketing team for partner sales teams including:
- Develop strategies for demand generation campaigns.
- Assist with creation of marketing content and other sales enablement materials.
- Create sales programs such as special offers, incentives, and marketing campaigns.
- Create and maintain account mapping and contact lists.
- Develop and manage sales opportunities including:
- Qualify incoming sales opportunities from partners and from LookingGlass sales professionals.
- Nurture opportunities to execution or to the hand-off stage to LookingGlass sales professionals.
- Track sales opportunities to ensure follow-through.
- Register deals and input opportunities in salesforce.com; track and resolve any conflicts.
- Work with LookingGlass sales professionals on pricing, inventory delivery capabilities, and dates
- Educate the sales teams at each of LookingGlass and our partners on the joint value proposition including via:
- Web based training programs.
- Face-to-face meetings with partner sales executives.
- Periodic training sessions such as “lunch-n-learn” programs for regional sales teams.
- Continually assess and refine the joint value proposition and go-to-market model(s) to drive effectiveness and overall results.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience; an MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience as a quota-carrying sales and/or partnership / channel sales management professional.
- Managing partner C-Level relationships including financial (revenue) and legal (contractual) interactions.
- Previous experience in developing and running go-to-market and marketing programs for partnerships and/or channel - indirect sales organizations
- Experience building and maintaining senior executive relationships with selected leaders of alliance and/or channel partners across multiple partner organizations
- Significant knowledge of and experience with salesforce.com (CRM software).
- Experience managing all aspects of the partner relationship including executive relationships, opportunity identification, demand generation campaigns, sales enablement, and development of reporting metrics.
- Experience resolving conflicts using contact network at each company and knowledge of businesses.
- Strong technical knowledge, including:
- Data center design, technologies, connectivity and interconnection capabilities
- An understanding of what goes on inside a server rack; and,
- Ability to see the big picture: hardware, integration, managed services, network delivery, security, cloud services, etc.
- Direct or indirect exposure to the data center industry – who and what competitors are in this space
- Extensive customer-facing experience and a proven ability to discuss challenges, present value propositions and find a fit between the customer's issues and Lookingglass solutions.
- Business savvy and a basic understanding of P&L, ROI, business case development, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally and leading colleagues that don’t report directly.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities.
- Ability to create, present, and effectively deliver concepts and value propositions to customers, partners, and cross-functional teams
- Understanding of cloud computing, and/or cybersecurity / threat intelligence;
- You will need to be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time - Travel will depend on business needs.