Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level. Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents. Job Description: Responsible for directing asset optimization, workplace strategy & project management staff within a specified geographic region and ensuring that project requirements are being met for each client. Essential Job Duties:
- Support broker business development.
- Continually assess projects and staff alignment to ensure department success and efficiency.
- Advise local market leaders on workplace strategy trends.
- Generate asset optimization recommendations & programming materials.
- Determine project requirements and budgets.
- Determine project schedules and/or feasibility of pre-determined schedules.
- Responsible for overall project management responsibilities to the client, from project initiation through completion.
- Assess project needs and resources available to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Implement set standards throughout the specific project.
- Coordinate all project meetings – inclusive of any necessary vendors and/or subcontractors.
- Monitor all phases of a project and promptly addresses any changes to the original scope of services and the impact to the project schedule and budget.
- Review and approve all contractor pay requests.
- Provide any necessary project closeout.
- Provide accurate project documentation and records maintenance.
- Maintain all historical data on projects for future projections and project budgeting.
- Adhere to all set company and client policies and procedures.
- Provide team leadership to the Project Managers and their staff.
- Coordinate any necessary issues with departments both directly and indirectly involved.
- Producing and implementing the quality control procedures/manual.
- Determine and implement “best practices”
- On-going USPAP compliance with appraisal report formats.
- Randomly auditing reports across the network.
- Supporting Regional Managers with quality issues amongst Appraisal Staff.
- Client facing – involvement with any specific appraisal or value issues, discussions regarding valuation issues/topics within the industry, and overall availability to support client needs
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Architecture, Design, or workplace strategy
- Minimum 15years related experience. Some construction management experiencerequired
- Knowledge and extensive work experience in the field of workplace strategy
- Understanding and knowledge of any necessary regulations, in which work is being performed, to ensure compliance
- May perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.