Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 187 days ago
This position is responsible for managing the implementation, maintenance and critical review and analysis of models, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving, forecasting and other actuarial functions; developing complicated models and teaching others how to develop models;
Developing written and oral presentations that drive the delivery of information for decision making; and managing complex day-to day projects that may include non-Actuarial departments and external parties. Must also possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of multiple actuarial areas and at least one business segment.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics. Other Bachelor (or higher) Degrees may be considered.
*Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA). Compliance with the membership requirements for each professional designation.
* At least 5 years of actuarial experience in the health insurance or related field.
* Verbal and written communications skills to prepare effective documentation, facilitate training and development, and participate in presentations.
* PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Access, SQL, Visual Basic or other programming skills.
Job ID: LMS-1023420