Senior Manager - Warehouse and Logistics
More information about this job:
The Senior Manager, Warehouse & Logistics manages the staff and daily activities of warehousing, inventory and internal logistics; manages domestic & international logistics (90% air) and compliance processes.
Responsible for import/export permitting related to biological reagents/materials (as required); responsible for day-to-day activities to support regulatory compliance efforts of warehouse, import/export and internal logistics activities; and assists internal and external Supply Chains.
The Senior Manager will drive Innovative Business Improvements; develop new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking; develop and inspire others; build and maintain internal & external relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goals accomplishments.
- Supervises, plans and reviews operations for assigned staff, including responsibility for training, managing and evaluating as well as coordinating, scheduling and assigning work and maintaining facility's standards..
- Supportsinternal / external logistics, regulatory requirements and vendor management.
- Manage, plan and oversee all aspects of inbound & outbound logistics to achieve financial, operational & strategic goals.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external partners regarding the effects of transportation, including analysis and information regarding the industry and/or government (foreign and domestic) policies and regulations that may affect the company. Strong emphasis on China logistics and FTZ (Free Trade Zone).
- Hands-on knowledge of import/export compliance procedures (US, Europe & China), as well as the rules and regulations of the US Government and their agencies (USDA, FDA, CITES & US Fish & Wildlife).
- Participate in trade compliance reviews and create/manage procedures related to US and international compliance with the STP facility.
- Understand and support the development and management of detailed logistics budget and forecast, based on relevant leading indicators of practices, costs, and volumes (as required).
- Identify and address critical supply issues with Sr. Management that could cause business interruption if not resolved expediently.
- Build alignment with internal stakeholder groups to achieve maximum leverage and value related to logistics.
- Review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) related to job duties and maintains any modifications or additions
- Drive Innovative Business Improvements. Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Develops and inspires others. Builds and maintains internal & external relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goals accomplishments.
- Familiarity with Biomarkers and the process of transporting these biologics safely and within the guidelines set by the US and Foreign governments.
- Vast supplier management & negotiation skills.
- BA degree in Logistics or related field
- Minimum 8-10 years of Logistics/Supply Chain Management or relevant experience
- Experience w/ vendor management & cross functional relationships a must
- Familiarity with Biomarkers and the process of transporting these biologics safely and within the guidelines set by US and Foreign governments strongly preferred
- Experience working w/ Great Plains or other MRP/ERP system preferred
- Global product/service knowledge
- Vendor management & cross functional relationships
- Financial analysis
- Project management
- Regulatory adherence
- Contracting & negotiating
- Domestic & international logistic laws related to biologics