Network Operations is looking for Sr. manager to lead a team in Video Operations Engineering. This leaders will be responsible for providing ongoing analysis of video platforms that support the Spectrum Guide platform to ensure they are operating as expected and find potential opportunities for improvement. This leader will manage teams that will serve as an escalation point for the Video Support Center in troubleshooting issues including advanced vendor escalations and management. Will partner with Product, AE and SE teams to provide operational feedback to their video efforts and audit all handoffs for operational readiness. The successful candidate will responsible for training the rest of the Video Operations team in build and support activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the gate into production from engineering.
- Operationalize engineering changes to ensure they are production ready
- Ensure changes Do No Harm
- Provide training and documentation to Support and Planning and Implementation teams
- Provide operational design guidance to Advanced Engineering and Software Engineering for future technology plans
Be the team that solves wicked hard problems
- To be the most technically proficient team at Charter related to the New Spectrum Guide Video Infrastructure. Experience with Active Video, Zodiac, Motorola and Cisco Video Back offices is extremely helpful
- Be the team that others come to when they can’t figure something out
- Perform initial complex implementations
- Oversee production defect management
- Manage a team Tier 4 support engineers with 24x7 oncall responsibilities
Help the Video Support Center be successful
- Train and equip Video Support Center personnel with knowledge and tools to resolve 90% of any issues they encounter.
- Ensure Backoffce Systems capacity is managed
- Drive tools development that detect and prevent outages and implement them.
- Manage Vendor Relationships Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Direct capital budget process, execute approved budget plan. Direct quality control programs for video operations and ensure consistent operational procedures. Review selections on bids for contracted projects, and provide recommendations as necessary. Perform other duties as requested by Manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write and speak the English language
Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Ability to supervise and motivate others
Ability to direct an organization as a leader of leaders and managers
Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Knowledge of company products and services
Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions
Advanced knowledge of Conditional Access Systems, DAC, DNCS, DCAS
Advanced knowledge of VOD, SDV and CDN architectures and operations
Advanced knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies
Advanced ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
Strong knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations and reporting compliance
Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast
Bachelor's degree in engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number Of Years
Engineering management experience 7+
Experience in Video Control and Distribution Systems 10+
Demonstrated experience with project management 5+
Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills 5+
SCTE/BCTE certification or equivalent
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training