Data user experience is a new UX competency which is the conveyance of big data and information in forms that can be seen. We study and create the new visual representation of data and user experience around it. The competency is the beautiful mix of art and technology & science - Are you an accomplished UX designer who is looking for a new challenge? The data UX is filled with undiscovered UX challenges - you could be the first designer to solve these unique design problems.
As a director of UX, you will direct the full life-cycle of the design system at Splunk. Collaboration and partnership with engineering leaders and product managers to ensure your ideas come to fruition helping evolve the Splunk data UX experience through the formulation of design language and product user interface.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the creative vision and execution for the Splunk's Design language system.
- Design Splunk software suites that enable users to quickly and easily gain useful insights from datasets of disparate types, sources, and sizes.
- Coaching and mentorship: You are hardworking and take pride in building design culture, process and multiplying the success of their team's work and growth.
- Advocate for and execute user-centered design/lean UX process for interaction design at throughout the product development process
- Evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns throughout Splunk
- Collaborate with engineering leadership, product management, and product marketing
- Actively participate and assist implementation and continue design work as needed through release and beyond
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience working as a UX or UI Designer
- 7+ years of experience building and managing product teams
- A deep understanding of the design system
- Strong design leadership
- A deep understanding of typography for web/mobile based applications
- A pixel pusher who thrives on achieving obsessively meticulous crafts
- Expertise in data visualization and exploration of Big Data
- Proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Excellent communication - Both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus.