We're working to transform the OnDeck service to better meet the financial needs of small businesses. Our team builds financial products and user experiences for Small Business Owners and internal products to support our team. We utilize user-centered methods to help non-designers and designers collaboratively design solutions that improve our experience across the customer journey.
The Senior Manager of User Experience is a great design team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker who will provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for the talented members of your team and ensure the delivery of high-quality digital experiences for our customers.
As part of the Experience Strategy & Design Team, the Senior Manager of User Experience at OnDeck will:
- Own the quality user experience for all OnDeck core experiences across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Manage a team of product/UX designers who are conceptualizing, rationalizing, and driving multiple simultaneous projects to deliver awesome user experiences.
- Inspect the user flows, wireframes, prototypes, detailed design, research, journey maps and other deliverables of your team and maintain a high bar for quality
- Foster career development and growth paths for team members
- Attract and hire the best talent
- Strive to learn and understand our user's needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Advocate for users in a fast-paced, corporate climate.
- Lead teams to synthesize feedback from multiple areas (usability testing, customer feedback, runtime usage metrics, etc.) to discover customer insights and optimize current and new experiences.
- Create and own a digital design library to create and maintain consistency and decrease development team dependency on the design team.
- Partner closely and manage relationships with front-end and back-end development teams, marketing, product managers, product marketing, UX researchers, and other designers.
- Inspire teams to push the boundaries of what's possible.
- Showcase your team's work across the organization
- Partner with senior product leaders to align UX vision and strategy across the company. Help to craft future state visions and deliver a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Be a design thinking evangelist, both internally and in the greater UX community
- Define quantifiable ways to measure success and adoption
- Take the time to understand the execution side of design and financial products, as well.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree highly preferred
- 12 years experience in UX design with experience managing or leading design teams at an Internet-based software company or interactive agency
- A solid portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience as people manager with the ability to attract, recruit, retain, and develop creative talent
- Strong project management skills
- Proven experience with user-centered design methods
- Proven track record working well in cross-functional teams and ability to debate UX merits with business leaders, architects, engineers, and other designers
- Experience synthesizing and communicating feedback from multiple sources and communicate design decisions in a compelling and persuasive way
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
- Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Expert in Sketch, Invision or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools. Proficiency in rapid prototyping
- Master of Science in design or equivalent experience
- A passion for OnDeck's mission
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Master's Degree
- Strong background in Design Thinking
- Feel comfortable working with data analytics
- Financial-industry expertise