Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Costumer Research, and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the E-Mobility Group helps to shape the future of the North American market for hydrogen fuel cell and battery electric vehicles. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125years ago.
Manage a team of multi-disciplinary UX designers to conceptualize, design, and deliver future Mercedes-Benz digitalexperiences. Work withinternal and external stakeholders to pitch ideas, launch products, and contribute to the overall strategic direction for Design at Mercedes-Benz. Lead and manage a team to design, prototype, and deliver interactive user experience concepts for telematics and new experience categories for future concept or production Mercedes-Benz and Smart cars. Work as a core member and leader of multi-disciplinary teams (internal, external, and international) to bring innovative ideas and concepts to life- influence the near and far future of the digital automobileexperience!
Direct supervision and personnel management of multi-disciplinary UX Designers (Visual, Interaction, Prototyping). Mentor and inspire Design team to innovate and deliver.
Ensure best-practice standards and process improvements including requirements gathering, reviews, approvals, and delivery. Spearhead innovations and visionary concepts for digital interior vehicle experiences. Manage stakeholder and partner relationships locally and remotely. Provide thought leadership with up-to-date knowledge of industry standards, guidelines, and emerging technologies. Contribute to MBRDNA brand presence by participating in professional industry groups, conferences, publications, or teaching.
Lead, manage, and grow a creative team of diverse skills, and backgrounds to deliver industry leading work. Provide support with creative collaboration, project coordination, partner relations, general team and mentorship. Create new UX concepts that explore key areas of the Mercedes- Benz user journey with a primary focus on the in-car and mobileexperience. Focus on design research and strategy, keeping abreast of social, cultural, and technological trends and developments.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (Bachelors + 12 yrs / Masters + 8 yrs / PhD + 5 yrs) in Interaction Design, Visual Communication, Graphic Design or Human-Computer-Interaction
- Expertise in the User-Experience domain with demonstrable success in building products, leading teams, and establishing processes. Highly effective communication skills with an ability to articulate design concepts, processes, and complex ideas in simple, inspiring, and persuasive ways. Ability to work strategically and tactically. Provide a vision and direction to a team in times of tumultuous change in the automotive industry. Strong leadership skills and proven ability to influence partners and stakeholders across different fields of expertise. Well-developed sense of formal aesthetics and high-quality craftsmanship.
- Cross-functional experience in UX domain (User-Research, Software Development, Product Management)
- Formal training or experience in Industrial or Automotive Design
- Experience in physical computing and interactive media. Fluency in German preferred
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.