What will you be doing?
• Establish and/or lead a program management office (PMO) for utility clients undertaking complex, transformational programs for utility customer information systems or customer experience programs.
• Acts as or supports the Project Manager in developing project plans, milestones, estimates, and structure on large customer program engagements.
• Lead business process workshops with client personnel to develop business process documentation deliverables including requirements, process maps and key performance indicators for smart grid related processes (e.g. meter-to-cash).
• Perform change management assessments for utility clients that are planning or implementing large transformational programs related to smart meters and/or smart grid including training, organizational design, and communications elements.
• Manage and/or participate in a team of software/solution implementation, systems integration, and business consultants.
• Contribute to the Energy & Utilities Smart Grid consulting practice (methodologies, service offerings, team development), and drive best practice behaviors into the organization.
• Be able to contribute to the developing and growing WMP's Dallas office from a business development, Energy and Utilities practice and culture perspective.
• Promote thought leadership in emerging technologies from partnerships to go-to-market offerings, to strategy, to design and implementation.
• Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
• Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter expert.
• Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects.
• Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems or Business required
• Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
• Ability to Travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) up to 75%
• 12-20 years of work experience with minimum five years of professional services consulting experience
• Minimum 10+ years of work experience within the Energy & Utilities industry
• Demonstrated expertise within Larg Program Management Office (PMO), Business Process Optimization (BPO) and Organizational Change Management (OCM) functional areas in the utility customer experience and CIS programs
• Prior experience managing a team of professional services consultants in a project environment
• Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions