The Senior Manager, UX is responsible for leading UX product teams focused on Store Operations Employee, and Geek Squad Agent tasked-based applications; including mobile, tablet and desktop experiences used by daily by over 100,000 associates.
Responsible to collaborate with strategy, user research, business, IT and various enterprise stakeholders to define the User Experience based on business and functional requirements.
This role will have multi-discipline accountability, comprised of team management, talent mentorship and growth, project management, financial management, and user experience design leadership.
- User Experience project leadership
- Establishes user experience direction for portfolio segment of retail applications
- Maintain strong team growth by continuing to foster portfolio segment leadership relationships to increase adoption and usage of Retail UX team
- Bring new solutions to retail application design
- Partner with portfolio segment business and IT leaders to proactively define roadmaps inclusive of UX, including research and strategy through partnership with Sr UX Research Manager.
- Define new approaches to retail business pain points through conceptual thinking.
- Provide leadership and direction for desktop, mobile, and touch experiences.
- Leads and grows idea development to produce innovative outcomes
- Act as key approving stakeholder during information architecture, visual design, quality assurance, and user research efforts to ensure UX vision is consistent throughout project lifecycle.
- Partner with the Director, the larger Retail UX team, and key enterprise leaders to build lasting, positive, meaningful relationships with the collective end goal of delivering transformative retaildigital products.
- Resource Leadership / Mentorship
- Create a diverse and inclusive team environment through championing idea generation, open communication, engaging in vulnerable conversations and celebrating successes
- Source and hire UX professionals
- Define and foster a strong team culture that people want to join and stay on
- Grow talent according to their strengths and weaknesses through regular 1:1 development conversations
- Maintain a strong and vibrant design culture through fostering collaboration and driving positivity
- Effectively estimate complex projects, with solid understanding finance guidelines including capital/expense breakdown and appropriate classification of all project billings
- Effectively manage and execute team forecasting and actuals with IT leaders to ensure on-budget delivery
- Create project timelines and manage time for all team resources
- Be highly organized to manage up to 10 different projects moving through the team simultaneously
- 8 or more years in UX related role (e.g.,Copywriter, Interaction Designer, Information/UX Architect, Visual Designer, Product Desinger etc.)
- 3 or more years of direct experience leading a UX team, or design/IA/copywriter team 3 or more years of direct experience leading or working with a UX team
- Knowledge of Agile UX delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of user research methods and how they can improve product UX design
- Knowledge of UX tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Visio, Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle or other
- 4 yearBachelors degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Information Architecture, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Human Computer Interaction, Instructional or Graphic Design, Business, or related fields