Overview and Summary
Company Overview: Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science—and we’ve been doing this since 1977.
Position Summary: The Senior Manager is primarily responsible for supporting a client software solution and focus on renewing current contracts, helping to develop new business and assuming responsibility for delivery of projects. This position is heavily focused on client handling, relationship building, project management and presenting to senior level management (internally & externally). This position will play an instrumental role in leading Urban Science’s Digital Marketing strategy in our New Jersey office by staying abreast of the latest digital marketing innovations, identifying emerging trends and assessing tools and technologies in order to design solutions that address our client’s mission critical challenges. This includes understanding how Urban Science’s digital solutions compliment and extend our other best-in-class OEM and dealership offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a solid understanding of the capabilities and positioning of companies in the digital ecosystem that informs the development and enhancement of Urban Science’s technical stack and guides clients in designing programs and campaigns that generate efficient and effective traffic.
- Manages the delivery and execution of digital client solutions and that leverage all components including data, technology, resources and process are strategically aligned.
- Develops and conducts solution training for local account teams to increase organizational understanding and proficiency in digital.
- Collaborates with local account teams to provide digital/solution subject matter expertise in regards to proposals, SOWs, pricing, fees, solution design, vendors, data integrations, analytic approaches and best practices.
- Establishes long-term business relationships with clients and develops a firm understanding of client’s business needs in order to sell upgrades to existing contracts, and lead negotiations to renew & deliver client contracts.
- Assumes responsibility for project outcomes, including delivery of projects that are on time, within budget and at an exceptional level of quality; includes accurately defining project timelines, forecasting, planning, tracking, executing and taking corrective action when needed.
- Assumes responsibility for accurate and high quality data being utilized on assigned projects.
- Serves as liaison between client and Urban Science technical staff on development projects to clearly communicate client needs and facilitate appropriate deliverable time frames based on internal capabilities and work load.
- Frequently interacts with clients to provide consulting advice, design and present proposals, negotiate agreements, renew contracts, assist with decision making and manage client expectations.
- Clearly and confidently presents project status updates/conclusions, using appropriate presentation tools, to client representatives or internal management to communicate project results.
- Works with manager to review income statements, revenues, margins, labor and profitability targets; assists in making recommendations to improve profitability and accurately forecast costs.
Responsible for all aspects of RSTMM (recruit, select, train, manage, motivate) of selected staff which includes the following:
- Interviewing & selection
- Setting objectives
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Assigning and prioritizing work
- Employee development, career planning and promotions
Qualifications - Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge of database management, including diagnostics and resolution of database errors
- Math & Statistics: Requires the ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem; requires basic descriptive statistics knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret statistical analyses
- MS Office: Requires advanced knowledge and experience with Excel & PowerPoint; Requires Intermediate knowledge and experience with MS Word; intermediate knowledge of Visio preferred
- Technical/Software: Requires the ability to understand and work with software tools & packages used by Urban Science
- Verbal Communication: Requires the ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others
- Written Communication: Requires the ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure
- Information Seeking: Requires the drive to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Quality Control: Requires the ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy
- Conceptual Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Strategic Influence: Requires the ability to effectively persuade, convince, and influence others in order to gain support to achieve work related goals/objectives
- Project Management: Extensive project management skills required, including the ability to estimate work efforts, define work plans, delegate work, monitor progress and report schedule variances and scope changes; requires the ability to follow established internal PMO procedures and present project conclusions to senior level management; proficiency in MS Project strongly preferred
- Sales & Business Development: Requires the ability to identify potential new opportunities from the client and proactively communicate those opportunities to management; requires knowledge and understanding of sales and business development processes
- Budget/Finance: Requires the ability to understand and interpret income statements, revenues, margins, labor costs, profitability targets, impacts on profitability and develop pricing schedules that meet profitability targets
- Negotiation: Requires the ability to understand, explain and justify pricing, scope, cost estimates, as well as internal and external impacts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role; Masters or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience required (10 years experience preferred)