What we’re looking for
We are growing our new globally distributed Traffic Engineering team to help scale and secure our new global SaaS offerings. We are looking for a Senior Manager to help lead, design, coach, and build an efficient, productive, and fun team. You are an authority with an eagerness to create and own processes for enhancing team health, streamlining hiring processes, and finding solutions to organizational impediments. You understand the technical challenges that the team is facing and you help build consensus and prioritization.
What you provide
- Foster growth. You will (virtually) meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier engineers.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our leaders. As a manager, you should be motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Operational excellence. You strive for collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Deliver software and infrastructure that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, and security of Splunk’s services. Technologies include (Geo)DNS management, GSLB/Anycast, Load Balancing (IPVS, L4, L7), API Gateways and Service Meshes, IP address management (IPAM), TLS infrastructure for securing network communication.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers and individual contributors, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership, autonomy, and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. The teams work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication — it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. People are not expected to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Our colleagues are trusted to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of this family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
Requirements: 10+ years of technical contributor experience, demonstrated ability in managing technical personnel, and experience in working within SaaS environments.