The role of this job is to define trade strategies and commercialize sales and marketing programs for the Jansan/MRO channels in North America. This position works to develop strategic channel and customer programs to the Selling Team that will ultimately deliver sales, high gross margin and profit results.
• Performance expert for customers within channel including COGS trends, identification of conversion opportunities, development of impactful promotional activities, post promotion analysis, GM improvement, overall business knowledge including invoice sales to budget.
• Contributes and executes priorities set by Trade Marketing Leaders
• Recommends and tracks success metrics
Quarterly/Annual Review of Customer & Channel Performance
• Develops the annual trade management planning process relative to area of responsibility.
o Aligns planning process with Newell Brands and customer planning calendars
o Understands brand and customer priorities and uses the planning process to find common ground.
• Manage assortment mix to maximize sales and profitability
• Compiles end-user, and channel knowledge gaps, develops, analyzes and delivers a summary for the business to review.
• Compiles profiles of competitors and channel customers using primary and secondary research and data.
• Gathers competitive and marketplace intelligence and share with the organization Manage timelines and deliverables
• Collects and summarizes business risks and opportunities.
Pricing and Trade Fund Guidance
• Works with Finance and Director of TradeMarketing to set pricing guardrails.
o Collects and analyzes account pricing and distribution for NWL and competitive brands.
• Collects and analyzes channel / regional promotional pricing and pricing activity in line with programming requirements and cost-to-serve, to ensure they are within Segment and Brand pricing guardrails. Highlights any inconsistencies to management.
• Tracks, analyzes, and reports potential impact of pricing exceptions on channel / region.
• Understands what trade funds or customer program spend is available or needed for programming
• Analyzes the effectiveness of trade spend within area of responsibility
Vertical Market Strategy
• Determine strategic vertical markets to penetrate for growth opportunities
• Align on tools needed to achieve results
• Determine any new product innovation needed to achieve results
New Item Launch
• Work with Trade Strategy and Operations on launch strategy
• Serve as customer voice in product development meetings
• Supports the analysis of new product launch.
o Recommends potential launch activation approach
o Manages timelines associated with implementation.
o Manages overall new product distribution files.
• Works with Sales Team to complete forecast tools.
• Develop new item launch and training materials.
• Responsible for new customers/channels within area of responsibility
• Determine any new product innovation needs to penetrate new channels/customers
• Collaborates with Trade Management peers within their division to share and apply best practices.
• Completes a timely MAP with an actionable development plan.
• Develops skills of self
• Recognizes and celebrates success.
Ideal Candidate Profiles:
• University or four-year college
• Familiarity with channel management, brand management and / or sales through internship experience preferred.
o 5+ years of experience with a CPG or durable company, ideally in trade management, channel management, brand management, insights, or sales.
o Developing a multi-year plan or approach and executing at least one year of the plan.
o Leading a team of people to achieve results.
o Collaborating with partners and other organizations to achieve results.