Job Title: Senior Manager, Trade Compliance
Job ID: AS20212701-55717
Job Location: Arlington, TX
Prepares agreements in accordance with federal regulations to support International business initiatives, including: employment of foreign persons, manufacturing abroad, and sourcing and development relationships with foreign entities. Interprets governmental responses and provides guidance to stakeholders. Establishes and maintains relations with government licensing authorities to ensure the company's position on licensing and technology is conveyed, understood and accepted. Analyzes business initiatives per regulatory requirements and advises divisional management on compliant execution of activities. Conducts training sessions for employees and assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal regulations. Develops and conducts audits of internal controls and procedures by examining artifacts to ensure compliant transactions. Supports external audits and inquiries from US governmental control agencies such as Customs, DoS and DoC through data gathering and corrective action execution. Influences product development decisions through technical jurisdictional analysis to support business strategies in a compliant manner.
- Manages experienced professionals or team(s) led by lower level supervisors or managers. Often leads one or more teams or a department. Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for team or department to ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish departmental business results. Has hiring, firing, promotion and compensation authority within own organization, in accordance with management review and approval. Reports to Director or higher.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of the organization, which includes larger customers or vendors. Works to influence others to accept team's views or practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices, and approaches. Requires ability to communicate and influence leadership regarding matters of substantial importance to the function or business area. Frequently conducts briefings to senior leaders.
- Responsible for improving upon existing or establishing new processes and systems using significant conceptualization, reasoning and interpretation. Solutions are innovative and unique and draw upon best practices based on expertise. Develops or champions new concepts or technologies. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are often complex, requiring broad-based consideration of variables that impact multiple functions and/or businesses. Extensively analyzes problems to seek understanding of the root cause of the problem.
- Recommends operational plans and tactics that will directly impact the achievement of overall functional results. Directs the execution of tactics established by functional leadership. Establishes operational plans for job area with short- to mid-term impact on results (e.g., 1-2 years). Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and occasionally influences business decisions made by functional leadership. May recommend and implement new products, processes, policies, standards or operating plans in support of job function strategy. May have budget or Profit & Loss (P&L) accountability for the department.
- DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience
- Knowledge of U.S. import, export, and licensing regulations, EAR and ITAR regulations
- Experience with DECCS, SNAP-R, and ACE
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with FMS Trade Regulations
- Knowledge and experience with Consent Agreement
- Experience with OCR EASE
- Understanding of Trade Tariffs and Commodity Classifications