What you will do
Directing Test Lab Operations for Engineering groups across the Enterprise.
How you will do it
- Drive increases in efficiency in lab testing using processes including uncertainty analyses, analytics, statistics, Continuous Improvement, and Six Sigma
- Lower the cost of testing by creating multifunctional and variable capacity facilities in Best Cost Countries that can be leveraged by different businesses in a coordinated manner
- Create an offensive lab patent application process that generates intellectual protection around products and processes including in testing, protocols, and knowledge retention; work with the legal department to optimize the strategy
- Manage the Capital Intensity of all lab sites and ensure alignment in protocols and testing procedures and review and align major capital request and Lab Management Systems (LMS)
- Maintain and drive adherence to relevant Regulatory, Standards and Certification bodies (UL certifications and regulations)
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track lab throughput changes, lab capital expenditures, and other relevant metrics - train and deliver KPI maintenance to local lab teams
- Leverage and develop global lab management expertise map of knowledge base and share best practices.
- Institute operators cross training and flexible resource plan(s) to support organization needs
Sustainability and Carbon Footprint
- Advise and participate in the committee for global low product emissions, quantitatively improving the environmental accreditations within the labs and the products tested year over year
- Drive improved capability of self-certifications and testing including the Energy Star efficiency rating and UL ratings, and ratings specific to applicable countries
- Improve industry performance accreditations in both the labs and in products tested in the labs, specifically with respect to environmental agreements or similiar agreements
- Interacting with Product Development teams and Directors of Products Development in different businesses to resolve schedule conflicts.
- Standardize and unify test lab protocols across the company, including test request software, databases, and simulation tools, with a mission to allow for building and shipping test units and prototypes across continents to share testing capacity across Global Products
- Develop Business Continuity Capability by ensuring testing protocol alignment between product labs with global scope
What you will need
- Bachelors of Science and Masters in Engineering required
- Specific Experience in Testing and Technical or relevant Lab work
- 15 + years' experience in the industry; experience as a Team Lead or Manager in a technical lab with direct reports
- Phd preferred
- Psychometric and/or Metrology experience preferred