The next big thing in data is you!
Western Digital is a one of the world’s most sophisticated, foundational technology companies. A Fortune 150 company and the world’s largest maker of hard drives & flash memory products, we literally create the space upon which the digital world is built. Think about it. If not for our products, there would be no computing, social media or streaming media. We develop the technologies and make the products that make all of those things possible!
Western Digital's Consumer Solutions group is responsible for WD’s consumer digital media and storage solutions, including the award-winning My Cloud devices. Our Milpitas, California-based team is developing the application software that drives these solutions, enabling users to see and share their music, pictures, videos, and documents anywhere and anytime. Whether your screen is a mobile phone, tablet, television, or computer, it’s easy to enjoy the content in your WD personal cloud.
A key part of the platform is our REST API which powers all of our mobile, web and desktop experiences.
To continue delivering on our vision, we are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic engineer to join our team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the automation strategy definition and implementation for WD connected products.
- Align automation priorities to maximize value to the organization.
- Collaborate closely with peer managers and leadership to track dependencies and optimize testing cycles.
- Motivate, coach and mentor team members and track delivery to plan.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Bring focus and expertise around performance testing for all products.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience using Java or Python.
- 5+ years’ experience in REST API automation.
- 5+ years experience with Junit/TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, SQL, JSON, XML.
- Proven understanding of Internet Protocols TCP/IP, HTTP and HTTPS.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle.
- Agile experience and CI/CD integration.
- Familiarity with Golang is a plus.