The Senior Manager is a key position in the Global Wholesale, Wealth, and RiskTechnology - Derivatives team, responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading platform.
Responsible for managing a team of full-stack developers engaged in the development of derivatives trading and derivatives valuation applications. The role carries responsibility for the design, architecture and final delivery of the solution with an emphasis on code quality and pragmatism. Hands-on coding is expected - active contribution to the code base as well as code reviews and walkthroughs.
Must have proven leadership, interpersonal / communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both stakeholder groups, and othertechnology departments.
Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience with Banking / Financial Services.
- Manage the individual scrum teams with responsibility for the final product
- Assist with technical design and code reviews for the scrum teams
- Implementation of Java services, RESTful APIs using NoSQL databases (i.e. Cassandra)
- Perform hands-on development as needed
- Responsible for ensuring team code quality, unit and integration testing
- Accountable for delivery according to pre agreed timelines and budgetary constraints
- Assist with sprint planning and releasescheduling
- Assist with story grooming and prioritization
- Expert hands on programming skills in Java and/or C#
- Strong data modeling skills
- Functional experience with Agile team leadership
- Experience managing service teams of 5+ developers
- Experience with systems design and specification, for large scale applications
Nice to have:
- Experience working on derivatives trading or derivatives pricing applications
- Good knowledge of SOA and messaging bus e.g. Solace or Kakfa
- Understanding of cloud based deployment
- Knowledge of banking systems
- Knowledge of Capital markets and financial instruments
- Experience with derivative products (IR, Credit, and Equity) and foreign exchange
Requisition ID: 16973