Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think abouttechnology. TD’stechnology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era inbankingdoes not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Technology Delivery covers planning and delivery of functions or services within segment Chief Information Officer (CIO) groups and/or across InfrastructureTechnology Solutions (ITS). While investing heavily in nurturing business, client and partner relationships for end-to-end delivery of technology solutions or services, these professionals also oversee and directly manage multiple specialized functional teams (e.g. Application Development, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Support, Project Management etc.) and seamlessly manage ongoing infrastructure support and shared services to segment CIOs, business leaders and various TD stakeholders. Let’s not forget they communicate the technology organization’s overall book of work and manage stakeholder expectations. It’s a big and busy mandate.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to build and maintain strong business relationships with assigned clients, internal partners, and provide direction and guidance on optimal technology solutions/services to meet business needs. The position generally manages a varied team of IT professionals and bridges the business and technology gaps, leverages resources across functional or specialized technology areas to ensure end-to-end delivery of agreed upon solutions or services within planned forecasts and cost estimates. You will support a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability within a segment CIO or functional area.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead and manage end-to-end technology solutions or services delivery for a key business line, portfolio, assigned segment or enterprise area with a clear focus on strategic planning, schedule management, scope, change and issues management, client communication and overall resourcing and financial costs on a longer-term basis.
- Responsible for project delivery for application sets within their scope, commissioning projects to be executed by technology project managers.
- Act as a solutions integrator; provide a flexible approach by offering and negotiating options with clients that balance service levels, cost and risk.
- Communicate business vision, goals and portfolio priorities to team members (e.g. Application Owners / Development Managers, Business Systems Analysis, Platform / Service and/or Technology Project Managers etc.).
- Develop impact assessments, manage delivery schedules, perform risk assessments to consistently manage operational processes (time reporting).
- Work with project managers to ensure they comply with the capacity forecasting process.
- Report on portfolio progress, status, overall health and individual applications.
- Assess issues or change requests, determine what to report.
- Lead the development of total cost of ownership estimates for applications and services, monitor and track to established plans with Finance and Business Management team
- Measure, monitor projects, stay within budget, meet or exceed expectations.
- Assess work plans, identify scheduling issues, report and escalate, as needed.
- Track major project deliverables; share updates; support initiatives aimed at cost reduction and faster time-to-market.
- Ensure there’s understanding of operational, reputational, and intellectual risks, advise to minimize, escalate if necessary.
- Know the competition, customer and industry trends, innovation; pinpoint relevant research opportunities.
- Maintain high level of customer service, ensure commitments are met; recommend appropriate actions to enhance service levels, through effective service level management practices/ agreements.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduatedegree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degreepreferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of business and bank technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications, platforms, services) and managing/directing teams and projects.
- Willingness, motivation and ability to set work direction at an operational level, work autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborate with other business or technology leaders to establish and execute on common goals with a medium- to longer-term business perspective.
- Ability to oversee a sizeable and varied team of technology professionals (e.g., up to 50+ consisting of Application Developers, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Specialists, and/or Project Managers) in an integrator role, covering end-to-end delivery of complex projects, system enhancements / applications and/or application or service management.
- Comfortable and capable of supporting a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability under a segment CIO or technology functional area.
- Readiness to direct or manage large-scale applications and projects across multiple product lines and businesses, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Understanding of strategic direction (including financials) and champions alliances to benefit TD and/or department; advocates for operational improvements to enhance the division’s value to the organization.