Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 48 days ago
About This Role
We are looking for someone to build and maintain strong business relationships with assigned clients, internal partners, and provide direction and guidance on optimal technology solutions/services to meet business needs. The position generally manages a varied team of IT professionals and bridges the business and technology gaps, leverages resources across functional or specialized technology areas to ensure end-to-end delivery of agreed upon solutions or services within planned forecasts and cost estimates. You will support a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability within a segment CIO or functional area.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
• This position is accountable for the US Mobile portfolio delivery (estimated fiscal 2019 value of US$10MM-$15MM). The successful candidate will lead a mix of Project Managers (FTEs, contractors) accountable for the technology delivery of all US Mobile projects. Reporting to the AVP, Mobile Delivery Wealth, Insurance, Companion Apps and US, the senior manager will oversee a portfolio comprised of multiple and concurrent projects/programs generally up to and including projects with a moderately high to high complexity profile.
• The Senior Manager is directly accountable for the successful planning, management and delivery of all projects (through all phases) that make up the portfolio, for the project management processes utilized and ensures a highly competent team of Project Management professionals is available for assignment to projects when required. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of Project Management disciplines, a passion for building and maintaining strong working relationships and a desire to develop a high performing team through leadership, coaching and training.
• Oversees PM resource and capacity planning for projects across the portfolio with Technology delivery leaders to ensure the right number of qualified resources are available to meet the schedule, based on project complexity
• Lead and manage end-to-end technology solutions or services delivery for a key business line, portfolio, assigned segment or enterprise area with a clear focus on strategic planning, schedule management, scope, change and issues management, client communication and overall resourcing and financial costs on a longer-term basis.
• Responsible for project delivery for application sets within their scope, commissioning projects to be executed by technology project managers.
• Act as a solutions integrator; provide a flexible approach by offering and negotiating options with clients that balance service levels, cost and risk.
• Communicate business vision, goals and portfolio priorities to team members (e.g. Application Owners / Development Managers, Business Systems Analysis, Platform / Service and/or Technology Project Managers etc.).
• Develop impact assessments, manage delivery schedules, perform risk assessments to consistently manage operational processes (time reporting).
• Work with project managers to ensure they comply with the capacity forecasting process.
• Report on portfolio progress, status, overall health and individual applications.
• Assess issues or change requests, determine what to report.
• Lead the development of total cost of ownership estimates for applications and services, monitor and track to established plans with Finance and Business Management team
• Measure, monitor projects, stay within budget, meet or exceed expectations.
• Assess work plans, identify scheduling issues, report and escalate, as needed.
• Track major project deliverables; share updates; support initiatives aimed at cost reduction and faster time-to-market.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
Preferred Qualifications – Here are thepreferredqualifications for this role:
People Leadership & Influence —
• Proven leadership – ability to work across multiple teams, effectively manage stakeholders at varying levels with the organization, influence others and align leadership
• Ability to attract top talent, inspire the team to perform, committed to team skill development and experienced in helping people proactively adapt to changing environments
• Promotes positive inter-team interactions and brings a high level of enthusiasm to the work
Relationship Building & Collaboration —
• Proven ability to build strong, trusting and effective working relationships with individuals across technology and business units and at all levels across an organization
• Ability to uncover stakeholder needs and motivations, secure the cooperation of key resources, resolve conflicts, effectively negotiate and manage organizational change
• Superior communication skills (both written & verbal) and facilitation and presentation skills