Senior Manager, Technical Product Management
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
Our Digital Health Technology (DHT) group is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Technical Product Management to manage our Product Owners associated with the development of new or existing products assigned in the area of ResMed’s DHT portfolio. Operating within SAFe, you will align with our architectural guardrails and development processes, working closely with our regional DHT Product Owner team members and stakeholders across the globe.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Technical Product Management, you will lead a team of Product Owners to support the definition and drive the vision of ResMed’s DHT product offerings. This role requires a decisive, flexible and resourceful leader as well as an outstanding team builder. Even more importantly, you possess an unwavering commitment to quality, accountability and you are a champion of continuous improvements.
Let’s talk about responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to a team of Product Owners, including performance management and career development activities
- Develop and instill a culture of high performant and efficient Product Owners; providing guidance on best methods to show tractability from original requirements through to solution documentation.
- Define, maintain and communicate standards for Product Owners
- Support the planning, management, and coordination of new and existing products
- Work closely with product management teams to ensure requirements are accurately captured and product meets or exceeds market requirements
- Facilitate the collaboration across multiple product roadmaps to synchronize and harmonize timely product deliveries
- Build working relationships with product management to understand their market drivers, business models, opportunities and needs in their markets
- Work closely with Product Management, Product Owners, and other value stream stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Ensure Product Owners follow and adhere to all applicable regulatory requirements
- Promote and cultivate a community of practice to empower the sharing of new learnings and processes to advance the overall offering of Product Owners
- Lead performance review process for Product Owners
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to identify and commit to refining requirements, processes, and reduction in overall expenses of DHT.
Let’s talk about qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ software product owner or development experience
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum work environment as a Product Owner: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and track record of producing quality work
- Ability to work with many individuals and various teams at the same time
- Proven Ability to Lead, inspire and empower a global/site team
- Strong decision-making capabilities and ability to communicate the global vision to the team
- Ability to listen and understand the global concerns of team members and be accountable for delivering guidance and solutions
- Self-motivated and positive approach to problems
- Team player, with great work ethics and a quick learner
- Experience working in a range of business areas (e.g., information technology, marketing, etc.)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Diplomatic with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable driving teams and management to decisions; willing to push-back for information and answers
- Self-motivated, not requiring significant managerial direction
- Adept at adjusting to changing circumstances quickly and professionally
- Able to make quick decisions when clarification or modification is needed
- Experience with web and/or mobile development projects specifically using Java, .NET or applicable mobile languages.
- Expert knowledge of regulations and customer specifications and their impact on design parameters (i.e. marketing, clinical, regulatory, manufacturing, quality, IP).
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience with Enterprise Software Systems