McDonald's, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a Sr. Manager of Technical Data Management. In this role, you will own responsibility for coordinating data management projects and data products executions globally to improve and progress McDonald's to a world class data management organization. Additionally, you will work closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve alignment and collaboration around data management globally.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every single day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last year, we have launched home delivery, radically improved the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay and have so much more to come.
That said, the biggest area of increase in our spending has been in technology, which is helping to drive our growth. We're looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We're also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees' jobs more interesting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
- ResponsibilitiesAct as a liaison between Functional and Business and Technical partners to ensure that data management
- related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Facilitate Security/PII/Compliance across data domains globally
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise data assets to ensure their lifecycle management
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data management standards, and adoption requirements & readiness assessment across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance metrics and ensure compliance with data management related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Roll out an enterprise wide data management framework and related policies and standards, principles, metrics, processes, related tools and architecture
- Educate and inform Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional disciplines and IT business and operations functions around data management best practices and resulting benefits, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues called out from all data management partners
Minimum RequirementsRequired skills:
- Bachelor's degree in technical field is required
- You've got a minimum of 10 years of data management related experience leading technical / business teams in delivering analytic, business intelligence, data warehousing / data-centric products and solutions
- You have at least 5+ years of people management skills to lead, influence and mentor professional resources of the highest quality
- You have between 4 to 6 years' experience in a role focused on data management
- A recognized data management certification such as DAMA is a plus.
- Prior experience in defining roadmaps for large and complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrix environment and partner with IT and business area representatives in leading and supporting development activities
- Strong program management, communication and presentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills across teams and getting-things-done execution experience
- Solid technical skills and background in data management as needed to support the development and management of complex data and analytics products and platforms
- Experience managing projects utilizing data & analytical platforms
- Knowledge of industry leading data management best practices
- Experience in implementing information lifecycle management in a Global setting
- Knowledge of data security, data privacy and data management related government regulatory & compliance requirements and emerging trends