WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We're looking for an individual contributor to drive product adoption by communicating how to use our sophisticated programmatic advertising platform. Everyone says you're a good technical writer – and you have the solid track record to prove it -- but you're so much more than that. You are ready to take ownership of your part of a key communications channel. You can write solid marketing copy on technical topics. You might not be an expert when you start in on a project, but you work effectively with those who are, and soon earn their respect and trust. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, can run with a request, and deliver polished results autonomously. You take complex technical information, distill it down to essential concepts, and create multimedia content that gives people an "aha" moment. You have a keen eye for the small things that make the good great and are delighted when you help the team say it better.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Communicate effectively about The Trade Desk and its products to internal and external audiences in a variety of media, including text, graphics, and video. Combine technical accuracy with compelling language that highlights both the "how" and the "why" of our platform and its features.
- Create and maintain clear, accurate, and engaging technical content that empowers digital advertising professionals to use The Trade Desk platform to meet their business goals.
- Take ownership of projects and manage stakeholder expectations while achieving business goals.
- Collaborate with marketing managers, product teams, and other technical communicators to ensure all technical content fits into The Trade Desk's brand and product themes and supports specific marketing campaigns.
- Create product marketing copy with a strong technical emphasis.
- Manage content through the development and publication cycles using JIRA and other workflow management tools. Assist in creating and managing content lifecycle processes.
- Publish and manage content in Guru, Confluence, and other publication channels on a weekly release cadence.
- Assist in building and administering Guru, Confluence, and other publication channels.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental style guidelines and help refine those guidelines as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's degree in a field where you have written on complex topics with clarity and impact. Technical degrees with strong communications skills welcome.
- Five or more years' experience as a technical communicator. Experience with SaaS platforms preferred. We will ask for examples of your technical communications work.
- Demonstrated experience creating web-ready text, graphical, and video content on a technical or other complex topic as shown by examples you provide.
- Experience with Guru or other online authoring and publication tools, Adobe or other screen capture and audiovisual tools, and Atlassian JIRA or other workflow management tools.