Bausch Healthcare is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it willbecome.
This individual will assist the Vice President of Policies and Technical Accounting in maintaining the Company’s accounting policies, perform technical accounting research, implement new accounting standards, and assist in ensuring the integrity of the Company's financial reportingand controls are in accordance with US GAAP & SOX requirements.
- Provide guidance on complex accounting matters to Senior Management and across all functional lines of the organization.
- Conduct accounting research, provide recommendations on the application of accounting standards, and document the company’s positions with formal position papers.
- Draft new or make changes to existing policies, ensuring policies are up to date with the latest accounting and control guidance.
- Support continual training program on Bausch accounting policies and new and existing accounting pronouncements.
- Provide guidance to all functional lines of the organization on various Policy Questions
- Responsible for development of continual training program on Bausch Health accounting policies
- Manage dissemination and response to questions that come into the Technical Accounting Inbox.
- Review accounting for non-standard revenue transactions and develop monthly reports for senior management.
- Manage the global reporting process associated with Non-Standard Revenue Transactions, including the use of SharePoint reporting tools.
- Manage the adoption of new accounting standards, including updates to Senior Management on the status of adoption.
- Organize monthly CPE training for the benefit of all employees.
- Issue monthly Heads up Emails to the finance organization on various accounting, policy and control topics of interest.
- Work on Comment Letter Responses to Standard Setters on proposed Accounting Standards.
- Review SEC filings and participate in Monthly Accounting Review (MAR) Meetings.
- Design and implement sound internal control procedures to be in compliance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, safeguard company assets, and SOX requirements.
- Identify opportunities to drive operational excellence and eliminate waste in processing and reporting.
- Business Unit Heads
- Regional Finance Directors
- Chief Accounting Officer
- Country Finance teams
- External Auditors
- Corporate Audit Services
- Litigation Counsel
- SVP Tax
- SVP HR
- Treasury Team
- Degree in accounting; CPA, Master degree is a plus
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in finance and accounting
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Ability to manage multiple assignments under extreme pressure, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate direction, drive results, and convey complex information in easily understood formats.
- Strong Microsoft Office – PowerPoint
- Fluent communication in English is essential
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience. Experience may include a Technical Accounting Role with a large multination, and or audit experience with one of the Big 4 Public Accounting firms.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry a plus
- Proven communication, leadership and technical skills, problem solving ability
- Experience presenting to Senior Management, as well as large audiences