Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in.
- Lead and manage complex tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other accountant
- Communicate advice and answer questions of other Wipfli associates relating to clients' accounting and tax situations
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm resources
- Perform detailed reviews of tax workpapers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Consult with office personnel on unusual client tax problems; diagnose client needs and work to satisfy those needs
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior accountants, and managers
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities by participating in various business development activities, and having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Requires at 10+ years of job related experience
- Subject matter leader in similar accounting and/or tax services
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
- Experience making recommendations to management
- Prior public accounting experiencerequired