- Lead and manage complex tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other accountant
- Communicate advice and answer questions of other Wipfli associates relating to clients' accounting and tax situations
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm resources
- Perform detailed reviews of tax workpapers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Consult with office personnel on unusual client tax problems; diagnose client needs and work to satisfy those needs
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior accountants, and managers
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities by participating in various business development activities, and having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
- Attain a thorough technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
- Review tax-related information to include tax provisions, depreciation schedules, property tax returns, etc.
- Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
- Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.)
- Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects
Minimum Education Requirements
Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Certification and Licensing
CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
Requires 10+ years of job related experience in public accounting
Specific experience required
Requires prior accounting and/or tax experience
Subject matter leader in similar accounting and/or tax services
Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
Experience making recommendations to management
Prior public accounting experience required.