The Senior Manager, Tax Reporting will engage in all activities related to income tax accounting, reporting, controls and forecasting. The Senior Manager, Tax Reporting will be primarily responsible for managing and supporting the preparation and review of interim and annual global income tax provisions under ASC 740, as well as the preparation and review of all tax accounting internal and external reporting deliverables. This position will also have the opportunity to engage in tax technology initiatives, forecast cash taxes and tax rates and analyze the financial statements impact of M&A and tax planning initiatives.
The candidate should have a solid background in income tax accounting under ASC740. Strong communication and accounting skills are important in this position. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Tax Operations and is a highly visible and critical position with direct contact with senior management and business leaders.
- Manage the quarterly and year-end global tax provision.
- Maintain an effective control environment through, among other actions, managing all tax-related Sarbanes-Oxley matters, including implementation, testing/documentation and coordination with global SOX teams.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the tax sections of the company’s SEC reporting and footnote disclosures (10Q and 10K).
- Assist with the tax analysis for the Company’s global financial forecast and long-range business plan.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, including providing technical guidance to domestic and non-US tax groups on US GAAP tax accounting issues.
- Liaise with accounting policy and controllers groups to assess implications of present and proposed FASB and SEC pronouncements related to accounting for income taxes.
- Proactively monitor pending legislation, assessing potential impact and advising senior/executive management on potential implications.
- Prepare tax provision analytics and communicate to tax management, finance partners and external auditors.
- Analyze effect of purchase price accounting from business combinations and M&A transactions from both a domestic and international tax reporting perspective.
- 8+ years of corporate tax experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a Fortune 500 company
- Ability to function in a decentralized reporting system environment with intense deadlines
- Project management skills required
- Deep expertise in US taxation of global entities, especially related accounting rules
- Significant experience with tax provisions, compliance, management and process development
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Outstanding interpersonal/communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organization skills, including ability to work practically and effectively with multiple priorities
- Desire and ability to work in a collegial, team-oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Master in Accounting/Taxation degree a plus