The Senior Manager, Tax Reporting directly supports the Senior Vice President of Tax and Director of Tax with managing the tax reporting for Change Healthcare. This includes reviewing the income tax provision for financial reporting purposes, including quarterly and annual reporting, and coordinating with outside service providers to ensure timely filing of income tax returns. In addition, annual and quarterly reporting is necessary to support the lag period reporting for McKesson Corporations investment in Change Healthcare.
The Senior Manager, Tax Reporting will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of new processes to support the efficient preparation of the tax provision, the creation of new controls for Sarbanes Oxley reporting purposes and the development of approaches to effectively forecast future anticipated effective tax rates.
As part of this role, the Senior Manager, Tax Reporting will manage and develop multiple individuals supporting them as part of the tax provision team at Change Healthcare.
The Senior Manager will be expected to develop relationships with leaders from various business units and functions within Change Healthcare and outside advisors in order to understand both current and proposed activities to ensure they are accurately reporting the tax effects of business initiatives in the financial statements. This position reports to the Director of Tax.
- Manages preparation of tax provision for financial statement reporting purposes.
- Work closely with tax planning team and prepare research and computational analysis of tax reporting around domestic, state and international tax planning initiatives.
- Work closely with outside advisers to ensure sharing of information to enable timely filing of income tax returns and to ensure efficient transition from financial statement reporting to tax return preparation.
- Analyze, document and communicate issues around valuation allowances, FIN48 reserves, permanent reinvestment for APB23 purposes, and other tax provision matters.
- Work with FP&A to help develop forecasts of future effective tax rates.
- Work with finance team to understand book reporting of business initiatives and ensure appropriate tax treatment.
- Mentors, Trains and Develops tax department members through coaching and supervision.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive corporate tax or public accounting experience with at least 2 years of experience managing others
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or similar major (advanced degree preferred) or JD/LLM.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Strong taxation experience – compliance, research, planning, forecasting, and accounting.
- Working knowledge of U.S. state and local taxation and non-U.S. tax concept
- Leadership/management experience with experience guiding and developing others through periods of change preferred.
- Conversant in complex legal, tax, accounting and operating structures.
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Successful track record of working as a part of dynamic, fast-paced and growing teams that are results oriented and collaborative.
- Willingness to engage in both tactical hands-on work and strategic work as needed in order to manage and complete priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills