Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. OVERVIEW
The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting will support all activities related to income tax accounting, reporting, controls and forecasting. The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting will be primarily responsible for managing the preparation and review of interim and annual global income tax provisions under ASC 740, as well as the preparation and review of all tax accounting internal and external reporting deliverables.COMPETENCIES
- Learning Agility
- Innovation Cultivator
- Drives Results
The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting will report to the Director, Tax Accounting and will be a part of the Global Tax Accounting and Compliance team.
- Proactively analyze and communicate the tax accounting impacts of business transactions, changes in business results, tax projects and legislative changes
- Assist with the analysis, documentation and implementation of special tax projects
- Identify and implement process improvements in the tax accounting, reporting, controls and forecasting areas
- Analyze information and prepare scenario-based modeling for forecasting of the effective tax rate and cash income taxes
- Perform technical analysis, calculations and documentation related to valuation allowances, uncertain tax positions, foreign remitted and unremitted earnings and tax accounting impacts of business transactions
- Maintain and review Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation for tax accounting and reporting
- Partner with Tax Compliance team to deliver tax calculations supporting the federal tax return, assist with review of state income tax returns, and prepare return-to-provision comparisons.
- Partner with various teams within the organization to meet needs of the business including FP&A, Corporate Controller’s Group, and Treasury.
- Partner with internal audit team and external audit firm to deliver high quality documentation and workpapers supporting the global income tax provision
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, with CPA and Master’s degreepreferred
- 8 plus years of taxexperience in public accounting and/or a multinational corporate tax department
- Advanced technical tax provision skills with ability to research, analyze and document tax accounting positions
- Advanced analytical skills with ability to synthesize and analyze data to identify and escalate issues and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to message effectively to senior management and non-tax professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate, develop relationships and partner effectively across the organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and high level of attention to detail
- Superior skill level with Microsoft Excel and tax provision software, with experience with HyperionTax Provision preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.