Senior Manager, Talent Programs
Reporting to the Director, Talent and Leadership Development, the Senior Manager, Talent Programs is responsible for delivery key talent programs in support of the People and Culture (P&C) talent strategy, including Talent Review, Learning, Leadership Development, Talent Assessment and Onboarding.
Who you'll work with
Working closely with other P&C team members (P&C Business Partners, Talent Directors, People Operations), the Senior Manager, Talent Programs plays a pivotal role in delivering the employee value proposition by providing our people with world-class talent programs and solutions.
What you'll do
- Manage the implementation of the enterprise Talent Review program, including leader documentation guidance, talent insights, data management and guidance to P&C business partners and Talent Directors.
- Lead the execution of Teachers' Academy, our marquis investment focused on driving culture and leadership capability across the enterprise in support of our strategy; focus includes program communication, administration, measurement, budget and liaising with external vendors
- Develop and implement a premier onboarding program that reinforces our brand as a leading global pension fund and accelerates performance of newly hired talent
- Partner with People Operations, P&C business partners and Talent Directors to maintain, improve, test and promote use of Talent-related technologies, including (but not limited to) Workday, Cornerstone and Degreed to enhance the Talent experience
- Develop and deploy learning solutions and strategies to address key knowledge, skills and capability gaps across the enterprise
- Oversee priority designation preparatory programs, including the CFA and CPA program
- Support Talent Directors and P&C business partners as required to address client needs related to talent and leadership development
- Responsible for identifying and address opportunities and issues related to data integrity, reporting and analytics within our Talent systems
- Partner with Talent Directors to build enterprise talent solutions related to talent assessment, team effectiveness, feedback and coaching
- Manage program budgets related to development and delivery
What you'll need
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience, specifically in talent, learning and development and/or Human Resources
- Certified Human Resources Profession (CHRP) or Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) is an asset
- University degree in a related field
- Proficiency in Cornerstone and Degreed required; proficiency in Workday a significant asset.
- Exceptional ability to lead complex and high-profile programs
- Comfort in cultivating positive relationships and partnerships both inside and outside the organization
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience leading high performance teams
- Ability to solve problems by engaging relevant team members
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced and agile environment
- Stays current on industry trends, best practices and innovative approaches
- Familiarity with talent solutions such as Talent Review, Onboarding, Learning and Development
- Familiarity with instructional design practices and adult learning theory
- Knowledge of course authoring software
- Proficiency in MS Office, with specific focus on PowerPoint
What we're offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations , we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application. This portion of your application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.