Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Talent Management – Coaching and Assessment to join our Corporate team to be located either in Fremont, CA, San Jose, CA, Tempe, AZ, Redmond, WA, Mahwah, NJ or Kalamazoo, MI.
Who we want
- Collaborative partners. Someone who builds and leverages cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement.
- Dedicated achievers. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Analytical problem solvers. Someone who goes beyond just fixing to identifying root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades.
- Effective communicators. Someone who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Insightful advisors. Someone who leads strategy development and provides guidance.
What you will do
As the Senior Manager, Talent Management – Coaching and Assessment will provide strategic direction and oversight of coaching and assessment at all levels across the enterprise. You will work closely with the Enterprise Talent Management Senior Director, TM COE Leadership Team, Business and HR leaders to build capabilities, advance talent outcomes and drive focus.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing an integrated enterprise coaching and assessment strategy that advances the enterprise talent management strategy, builds leadership capability, accelerates development, improves performance and addresses identified talent gaps.
Specifically, you will:
- Design and deliver coaching and assessment solutions that align with talent needs at all leadership levels across the enterprise.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and utilization of current coaching and assessment solutions, services, tools and vendors; ensure high level of service delivery; lead continuous improvement efforts; identify additional solutions/services that address talent needs; and evolve overall practice area.
- Work closely with other members of the Talent Management COE to identify opportunities and effectively integrate coaching and assessment solutions into other talent management offerings (e.g., management and leadership development programs).
- Maintain company-wide communication and resource sites for relevant coaching and assessment offerings (e.g., executive coaching intranet portal).
- Ensure appropriate utilization of assessment tools by HR and business stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage coaching and assessment certification processes; establish, engage and lead internal communities of practice for certified resources.
- Build internal coaching capabilities of HR and business leaders in support of enhanced development and performance.
- Engage with stakeholders to assess development needs, source solutions, drive adoption, collect feedback and evolve coaching and assessment offerings.
- Provide meaningful metrics and data to demonstrate the value of coaching and assessment solutions and support adoption and ongoing enhancements.
What you need
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited university required; with a focus in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of direct professional experience in human resources, organizational development and/or talent management required, with a minimum of 3 of those years in a talent management or coaching/assessment-focused role.
- Direct experience utilizing coaching and assessment tools and processes to effectively coach and develop leaders in a complex global business environment.
- Certification in relevant assessment tools preferred (e.g., Clifton StrengthFinder, Hogan assessments, 360 assessments and other development-focused tools).
- Experience with leadership development tools, programs and processes.
- Experience with program facilitation.
- Experience working in a global and/or US multinational corporate environment preferred.
- Proven experience managing and leading remote teams with a strong focus on developing trusted relationships with the business preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations and building strong and influential relationships at all levels within an organization; problem solving and proactive service orientation.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to package information in clear, concise executive level ready format.
- Proven ability to drive programs, lead people through change and meet deliverables in a complex environment.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.