Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 850 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Senior Manager, Systems Implementation is responsible for leading teams to complete system implementation project(s), which may affect multiple departments. Some initial projects that the Senior Manager, Systems Implementations will lead include implementations of new accounting, billing, conflicts and payroll/human resources systems. This individual should be skilled in understanding and working within the technical side of systems implementations, while also being able to communicate and work with non-technical stakeholders. This role requires excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and manage all aspects of project leadership from planning, sourcing and selecting external vendor relationships, developing communications, managing resources, developing and managing budgets, handling project change requests, assessing risk and identifying and resolving issues.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business (i.e. Finance, IT, Legal)
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for implementation of new accounting, billing, conflict and payroll/human resources systems
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and develop these capabilities for the organization
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Understand interdependencies among technology, operations and business needs and ability to easily communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Manage project scope and changes
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationships within different areas of the company
- Continue professional development in order to keep well-informed of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study required, such as accounting and/or information technology. Advanced degreepreferred; Project Management Certification highly preferred
- 10 plus years' experience in project management, working with key internal and external stakeholders in the field of technology
- Experience in conversion of financial systems highly preferred
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to; MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs, strong leadership, diplomatic, outstanding communication (written, verbal, presentation) and motivational skills. Experience presenting to executive sponsors and experience communicating with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving setting; innovator thinker driven to excellence. An ability to be flexible with shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities. Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project teams, including internal and external resources, while holding teams accountable for performance. Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executive sponsors, team members, peers and stakeholders. Team building skills with both technical and non-technical staff. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment