The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we're looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world's energy future, there's no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Leads sustaining engineering & maintenance efforts to support manufacturing yields, throughput, quality and OEE. Plans, organizes, and controls all tasks associated with the accomplishment of sustaining engineering and maintenance objectives. The position provides technical guidance to ensure best practices and guidelines are utilized to achieve measurable goals and continual improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for prioritizing and implementing equipment maintenance and sustaining engineering strategies for the operation
- Ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner using cost effective sustainable solutions
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures for continuous improvements and to meet operational targets
- Work with the operations team to establish production line operating metrics such as efficiencies, up time and reliability. Drives Plant asset integrity and reliability program, including proactive maintenance programs, such as predictive maintenance programs, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), maintenance scheduling, root cause analysis, improvement through Lean Six Sigma techniques and other best practices.
- Coordinate project requirements, communicate current status, and monitor progress working with department engineers and operations supervisors
- Ownership of manufacturing documentation including periodic reviews of work instructions with operations staff
- Influence and guide sustaining engineering efforts focused on material and/or labor cost reduction
- Technically support material procurement as necessary
- Employ sound project management skills that effectively balance technical requirements, schedule performance, and budget performance
- Perform standard personnel management duties establishing and documenting clearly-defined performance goals and objectives
- Oversee and manage the day to day sustaining engineering and maintenance activities, ensuring work products are delivered on-time and within budgets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis software (e.g. Minitab and Excel) is required
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate. Written - use of multimedia and MS Office tools, ability to write procedures and reports. Verbal - ability to provide briefings in small to medium size groups of technicians, engineers and management
- Must be able to act as the "go to person" for all technical issues
- Proven capabilities to be an effective bridge builder and problem solver internally and externally.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills to analyze solve and drive problems to resolution with a sense of urgency
- High personal and moral integrity that align with the company's values
- Must be able to travel regionally and globally when required.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited university. 10+ years of engineering/maintenance management experience with managing managers (people, equipment, resources and budget). MBA or advanced technical degree a plus.