The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Manager, Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will manage and direct several of the following supply chain activities: production planning, material procurement, inventory control, vendor selection and retention, expediting, analyzing and distribution.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Establishes a philosophy of understanding suppliers' and customers' needs and capabilities in order to secure a reliable supply of goods and service based on the best combination of delivery, quality and cost.
- Ensures all team members have a clear understanding of YSI objectives and how they relate to their own job and the company's success
- Responsible for managing inventory such that working capital requirements are met while customer delivery expectations are not compromised.
- Determine, plan and take appropriate action to manage inventory dollars and inventory turns.
- Ongoing mentoring of direct reports and indirect inventory control personnel as needed.
- Prepares/presents reports on performance as requested by the Sr. Director Operations and Order Fulfillment.
- Monitors cost of purchased items and develop strategic cost saving plans
- Develops strategic sourcing approach to make versus buy.
- Rationalizes the current supply base in order to maximize purchasing leverage.
- Responsible for the maintenance of ISO-related documentation relevant to the procurement function.
- Develops Kanban as appropriate to reduce inventory and eliminate shortages.
- Implements effective metrics and KPIs to measure PPV, inventory turns and suppliers score card.
- Works with the Sr. Manager of Manufacturing Operations to develop and implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate rapid growth objectives as directed by Sr. Director Operations and Order Fulfillment.
- Liaise with functional or operational area managers to understand their current and anticipated demand for goods and materials and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing purchasing activities. Responsible for the procurement of materials, services, and supplies.
- Evaluate and select suppliers and negotiate terms for major purchases; commit to purchases (within established limits of authority) that are in the organization's best interest.
- Develop policies, checklists, or other materials that describe the organization's technical, quality, service, or reliability standards to help purchasing staff evaluate supplier proposals.
- Analyze and evaluate the organization's overall purchasing trends to identify areas where purchases could be made in bulk.
- Analyze and evaluate external price trends and new product offerings to identify opportunities to reduce overall purchasing costs.
- Tracks and improves cycle times for RFQs, qualifying new parts and suppliers.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with, major suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors to ensure that the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Act as liaison and advocate for Xylem Global Procurement/Supply Chain participating in required meetings and working directly with all category managers on proper tracking of savings information.
- Act as liaison with R&D/Engineering to ensure timely transition of new product development to manufacturing when appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree required – focus in Business Administration or Operations & Inventory Management preferred.
- 10+ years of Supply Chain Management experience working in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 5 years managing a team.
- Direct experience implementing lean concepts (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Leadership, 5S, Kanban, etc.) and Instrument manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- Interfaces with Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing in order to understand and meet their requirements with regard to new program launches.
- Establishes and maintains a meaningful supplier performance reporting mechanism consistent with ISO requirements.
- Implements leading edge supply chain methods including consignment inventory and VMI programs, amortized tooling, year-over-year cost downs, lean supply chain, e-procurement, etc.
- Understands the key processes of primary suppliers (ie: equipment, technology, commodities)
- Develops the skills and abilities of supplier managers and buyers.
- Significant understanding of business law, legal contracts, effective contract negotiation and closure, and financial terminology (including cash flow, working capital, etc.)
- Strong organizational and PC skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Oracle software and Demand Solutions a plus.
- Shipping and receiving department.
- Oversight of import/export requirements.
- Manage and liaise with all distribution channels ensuring all parties work in partnership to meet company needs and requirements.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Member of the YSI Senior Leadership Team
- Coaches, develops and directs staff consistent with company philosophies.
- Develops and maintains effective, professional relationships with suppliers.
- Provides support to resolve Supplier Corrective Actions
- As delegated by Sr. Director of Operations and Order Fulfillment to support business objectives
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility