When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
UTC Aerospace Systems is seeking a dynamic and effective leader in the areas of cost reduction and cost management. As the new Senior Manager for our Engine & Control Systems - Cost Reduction business unit located in Windsor Locks, CT.
- Lead a team of Cost Management Associates though all phases of the cost management value chain.
- Support Dollar 600M annual spend portfolio across 6 different commodities and over 70 suppliers.
- Act as the Cost Management focal point for Business Unit concerns.
- Cost reduction projects
- All drivers of headwind and tailwind resulting from o Long term agreements o Engineering design changes to Purchase order placement o Special charges Essential Responsibilities: To achieve this, the cost manger will have the exciting opportunity to leverage unprecedented growing programs / markets and drive creative cost management / reduction solutions for the business.
- Identify new cost reduction opportunities to supportyearly business financial goals.
- Support or lead value engineering events through a cross functional team that will result in cost reduction activities.
- Support development of tools for financial and project reporting systems.
- Maintain scorecards of critical cost reduction metrics for the business unit/major program
- Work with commodity leaders to develop long term agreement plans that will result in year over year savings and increase LTA coverage.
- Support program passports as required to meet business goals.
- Develop business cases for transition projects (supplier A to supplier B transitions)
- Assess and address global logistics costs including import/export requirements and how costs impact the bottom line.
This is considered a highly visible role which will require the candidate to consistently interface with senior leadership, and present business progress. This role is intended to offer organizational exposure and an exciting opportunity for career growth within the UTAS businesses. Travel Requirement: 20 percent
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Aftermarket, Supply Chain disciplines, or related area with increasing responsibility.
- Project/Program Management Experience
- Proven leadership and communication skills across disciplines
- Cost sensitivity and business judgment with proven bottom line results
- Able to lead in a collaborative team environment
- Detail / Financially Oriented
- Process design and governance (standard work)
- Effective problem solving skills
- Results oriented and deliver on customer commitments.
- Integrator across multiple teams, business segments, and sites
- Leadership ability to conduct Lean, Kaizen, and other continuous improvement events
- Technical Aptitude
- Knowledge of aviation electronics
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration, Business or related field.
- Master's degreepreferred.
Job ID 69165BR